Chapter - 3

Apologize for the late update! Let's jump further into the story! :)

--------------------------------------------------------------

As soon as they reached home, DD helped Neil with his luggage and showed him to his room. He asked Neil to freshen up and join him for dinner. Before DD left the room, Neil called out to him and said "DD. Thank You so much for accommodating me and for all your help. All this means a lot to me and I will forever remain indebted to you". "Neil you haven't even changed a bit, have you? Still, the emotional fool that you were in college. Can you please stop with all these formalities between us?", said DD rolling his eyes at him. "Alright brother" said Neil smiling back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile at Sunehri's house, Avni entered into the guest room reserved for her. Sunehri helped her with the luggage. "What a lovely house!" exclaimed Avni. "Thank You and I am so glad to have you here" said Sunehri smiling. "Su, you didn't have to do this for me. But you still went out of your way to help me out. I am indeed blessed to have you in my life. Thank You so much for everything" said Avni holding Sunehri's hand. "Thank You? Really Avni? You just distanced me by thanking me for something I ought to be doing as a good friend should" said Sunehri turning her face. "Okay I am sorry Su..I shall never use the T word again", said Avni facing her, making a my-lips-are-sealed gesture with her fingers. "Nor should you be using the S word" said Sunehri rolling her eyes. "Uffoo..My drama queen. Fine. I will not. Mumbai certainly has had a dramatic effect on you. Have you been watching too many daily soaps?", said Avni while the two friends exchanged some laughter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After freshening up, Neil came and joined DD at the dining table. "What special dish have you cooked for me?" asked Neil grinning. "You know how bad a cook I am. I decided not to torture you on the first day of your arrival. I have ordered us some roti and your favorite shahi paneer.", said DD. "Well bring it on. I am famished" said Neil. As they finished up and retired to the hall, they sat opposite each other, with an awkward silence. DD was not sure as to whether and how he should approach Neil. Neil sensed his friend's hesitation and decided to make a move and update him.

Neil: I know there are a lot of questions on your mind right now DD. The reason I did not give you all the details over the phone was because I thought it would be more appropriate to meet you in person and talk to you about the same. You being the good friend that you have always been, never bombarded me with questions. But I think now is the time I give you all the answers that you need.

DD: I understand if you are not entirely comfortable in sharing everything yet. You take your time. No pressure bro.

Neil: I think it's high time you get to know all that has chanced in my life over the past few days. Now that I am here and in a better frame of mind to talk about it, you deserve to know the truth.

Saying so, Neil blurted out the entire sequence of events starting from his wedding being set with Juhi, to how she had run away on the day of their wedding, leaving him completely devastated and heart broken. Teary eyed, Neil reminisced over all the myriad dreams he had made for him and Juhi, but all that had been shattered in no time. It was hard for DD to see Neil like this:

DD: Neil, I know that this might have been very hard on you, but you need to let go of it. Everything that had to happen, has happened. I know this would be easy for me to say, and a lot harder for you to deal with, but please try to forget her and move on. I cannot see you broken like this. Leave behind your past and advance into your future. I am note entirely sure why you needed me to collect information on Vidyut. What do you intend to do?

He wiped his tears and a devious smirk grew on his face.

Neil: What do I intend to do? Well I intend to take revenge. I am going to take a place close to them so that they are constantly under my scrutiny. I will ensure I break this relationship that they both claim to have. I am absolutely certain Juhi loves me. Vidyut snatched her away from me. Now I will make his life a living hell by returning the favor.