Chapter 11 - Part 2

Double update..Yayyyy😁 Wattpad is still not normal and I'm facing issues with uploading chapters🙁 So the next chapter might take some time since I am yet to start on it. Hope you enjoy this one! 😊 Please let me know how you feel through comments. I don't like to pressurize readers for votes/ comments, but I would love to hear some feedback. So if it doesn't take much time, please do drop a comment on how you feel about the story so far!🙂

--------------------------------------------------------------

When Neil arrived home, he found Avni in the kitchen. It seemed like she was trying to prepare some food. She was chopping up some vegetables, lost in her own word of thoughts. He stealthily walked towards her and stood behind. Just for a split second, it seemed like she sensed the presence of someone around her, but immediately dismissed those thoughts and continued with her work. He slowly hugged her from behind encircling his right hand around her waist and rested his chin on her right shoulder, startling her. She was on the verge of yelling. Before she could pull that stunt though, he tightly gripped her mouth with his left hand stifling her scream. His lips grazed her ears, and he whispered huskily into her ears, "Avni I want to tell you something." She was finding it difficult to breathe, considering his proximity with her. He slowly released his hand from her mouth. It was then that she took a deep breath that she had been struggling to take in the past few seconds. "Hmmmm" was all she could manage to say. He tightened his grip on her waist almost meaning to pull her closer, and said "Do you want to listen to it?", his voice going huskier by the minute. Avni shut her eyes in response not sure how to deal with the sweet torture of his hands digging into her waist and his soft warm breath in her ear as he continued to speak hoarsely. "Y..y..yess" she replied stuttering. "Do you realize how stupid you are?" he said and immediately retracted his hands away from her waist. Stepping away from her, he burst into a roar of laughter. "Huhh?!" she said turning around, her face flushed and confused at the same time, unable to comprehend if she had heard him right. Did he just call her stupid? She planted her hands on her hips, and asked him, "What do you mean?" in a commanding tone. Not only was she embarrassed, but she was also disappointed. She wasn't sure if it was because he had called her stupid or because she was really expecting him to say something else. "You silly woman. You were sick all morning. You haven't even completely recovered. You should be resting in bed and not wandering about the kitchen trying to do work.", he yelled at her. "You are so rude to me..I was just trying to.." she was trying to retort back, but he cut her midway. "You just wanted to what?" he said irked. "I just wanted to make some food for myself. It was almost noon and I was beginning to feel hungry. Also, you were away and I wasn't sure when you would be back! So, I thought about making some lunch for us.", she said with a sad pout. That cute innocent pout of hers always did its magic. It melted his insides and his foul mood vanished in a jiffy. "Fine. But now you're going to sit down and instruct me, and I shall do all the cooking.", he said with a hint of a smile on his face, as he pushes her down on the chair near him. Avni gave directions, while Neil prepared the food. She rested her chin on her hand, as she continued to look at him with an 'oh he is too cute' expression on her face, while he was busy cooking. Her face lit up in a smile and a slight tinge of blush crept on her face. After some time, they sat to have lunch together. While having the food Neil said "Not bad. Your recipe turned out to be quite delicious. The food is tasting very good." "I know I'm awesome that way" she said raising her collar upwards, acknowledging herself. "Well technically speaking, you should be thanking me. Because I made it. It was my magical hands that gave the dish this amazing taste. Else your food is hardly palatable.", he retorted in an attempt to flip his earlier words. "Whatever!" she replied back in annoyance while he smirked. "You never have one nice thing to say about me ever, do you? Always ready to fire your taunts at me.", she hissed back at him and looked elsewhere, while he tried hard to stifle his laugh. After finishing up with her food, she was about to retire to her bed, when he suddenly stopped her by grabbing hold of her wrist before she could walk away. She turned around and raised her eyes, as if meaning to ask "What?". He advanced closer to her. "Do not forget to take your medicines", he said staring deeply into those almond shaped eyes of her. She was still wearing that sad pout on her face, indicating that she was still not over her annoyance. His hands were tormenting him to touch and feel her soft face, but he was fighting it hard by digging his fingers hard into his palm. "Alright. I shall take them. Thank You for preparing the lunch" she said still being exasperated. Unable to hold back anymore, he gave into his desire finally, walked closer towards her, and held her left cheek with his right hand. He stroked it gently as he said, "You are most welcome" looking deeper into her eyes. She flinched slightly and involuntarily closed her eyes in response when his hand touched her cheek, and in the next second opened them to be lost in his. Their eyes met. They gazed intently at each other, unable to look away. After what seemed like an eternity, their eye-lock was broken, courtesy Neil's cellphone. He immediately removed his hand from her face and walked away from there, before he lost his control and ended up doing something silly. It was now becoming difficult being around her – he could just not trust himself around her. Avni barged into her room, while a silly smile was still plastered on her face. She buried her face in her pillow unable to control those silly thoughts from entering her mind. "What the hell is happening to you Avni?" she questioned herself, but obviously she had no clue.