Chapter - 5

Hello everybody😊..I was supposed to post this by yesterday,  but it got unimaginably long.. hope you don't fall asleep reading it🙁 I hope you enjoy reading the AvNeil meet 😃 Kindly post your comments/ thoughts.  It really is a source of inspiration to write better🙂

--------------------------------------------------------------

On hearing the door click open, Neil wondered who it could be. 'Maybe the house owner was dropping by to hand out something that he might have missed earlier', he thought to himself. As he approached the living room, he caught sight of a person clad in black from top to toe. He immediately hid behind the wall adjacent to the living room and peeped as he stared at the figure in black moving inside with a backpack. The stranger now turned to face Neil and placed his backpack on the couch. Neil was trying hard to recollect that familiar attire and then in the next minute he realized that this was the same stranger that he had helped out earlier this morning. 'This thankless idiot is back. Wait a minute! What is he doing at my place? By any chance did he end up following me to talk to me? But if he had to talk, he would have done it earlier. What if he is here to attack me? What if he is involved with that gang?' Many random doubts flitted through his mind and he finally decided to approach this stranger.

He walked towards the stranger and decided to grab him from the back, but the other person just turned at the same time to face him, and his hands ended up landing on the shoulder in a tight grip. "Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" yelled Avni taken aback by this sudden attack on her. He also joined her and screamed back in response, "Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa", as he realized the voice seemed so feminine. His hands slowly shifted from her shoulder downwards and groped the sides of her chest. On realizing the awkward position, he retracted his hands back, and at the same time, she pushed him away with her hands and stepped back. She removed the helmet and the black scarf slid down her face revealing her pretty face and her long tresses. She seemed panic stricken with a horrified expression in her eyes. As he fell slightly backwards due to her push, he lifted his eyes to see her for the first time. He couldn't take his eyes off her for a brief few seconds as he intently gazed at her beautiful kohled doe shaped eyes which now had an expression of fear in them and her flawless complexion coupled with sharp features. Avni though was petrified wondering who this strange man inside her house was. Their eyes met and she noticed he was well built with a handsome face adorned with beautiful brown eyes which one could get lost in. When their eye-lock broke, Neil was the first to speak. "What the bloody hell! You are a girl. I thought you were a man" he said with an unbelievable look on his face. "And just what the hell made you come to that conclusion?" retorted Avni as she zipped open her jacket and laid it on the couch. "Well weren't you the same guy...errrmmm I mean girl I saved from those goons this morning. I spent my precious time on you and you didn't even have the basic courtesy to say one simple Thank You. You just fled form the place in an instant. And just what the hell are you doing in MY house?" Neil bit back. "Ohhhh! So that strange man was you? I couldn't notice you properly from a distance. Well I don't really want to say this, but Thank You.", said Avni throwing some attitude and a fake smile his way. "And just what the hell do you mean by YOUR house? This is MY house. It belongs to me.", she added in an annoyed tone, huffing, placing her hands on her hips. "You only have the looks of a girl, but I'm sorry to say nothing is girly about your attitude. Your tone is so arrogant and look at the audacity of you, barging into a stranger's house. To a house where a well-behaved honourable guy like me stays. What should happen to my reputation?" he said dramatically, throwing a condescending look at her. "Hey Mister. Just mind your tongue. And what do you think of yourself huh? I haven't barged into any stranger's house. This is my house. I have just paid the owner the advance and I rightfully belong here.", said Avni pointing a finger at him. "Oh really? Is that so? How much did you pay the owner?" asked Neil out of curiosity, now wondering whether he had been tricked by the owner. "I paid an advance amount of Rs.50k to the landlady Mrs. Chopra.", replied Avni. "Well I arrived way before you did and I paid the owner an advance amount of Rs.50k too. Moreover, it seems like I did occupy the house earlier than you. Logically speaking this house is mine. So, Madam, please be kind enough to leave from her immediately along with your backpack. Otherwise I might have to consider lifting and throwing you out of my house with my own two hands.", said Neil gesturing his hands and slowly started to advance towards her with a playful smirk. Her eyes widened on hearing his over smart comment. "Oh, so you think you can threaten me and I shall flee from this house. Dream on Mister whatever your name is! No way am I leaving from here. I am not scared of you. In fact, it will be you who will be leaving from my house right away.", said Avni as she slowly advanced towards him with extreme determination in her eyes.