Chapter - 2

After a long journey, Neil finally reached his destination. He pulled out his luggage, and walked out of the airport towards the exit. Almost immediately he spotted his friend DD waving to him vigorously from a distance. They embraced each other in a brief hug as they exchanged smiles. "It feels so great to see you here after so long Neil" said DD. "Same here brother. I missed you so much. There's so much that we have missed in these years and need to catch up on" replied Neil. "Well you are definitely not here for me" said DD grinning. In return Neil blushed slightly rolling his eyes, and smacked his arm. After having shifted his luggage onto the car trunk, DD drove Neil towards his home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile Avni's train after having completed half of the journey and reaching a station, had been delayed due to some unavoidable circumstances. "Ugghh... So much for having purchased an express train ticket. How do I kill time? When will I reach Mumbai? When will I get to see my Vidyut? This wait is frustrating" she yelled in annoyance. She decided to inform Sunehri about the delay. On picking the phone Sunehri heard her say, "Hi Su, for some stupid reason my train has almost been delayed by an hour. So, I will be reaching a bit late" she said, frustrated. Sunehri could sense her frustration. "Avni. Relax. Do not worry. It is just a matter of an hour. Trust me in no time you will be here." she said trying to lift up her spirits. "Okay alright Su. Love you. See you soon" said Avni and hung up. She decided to take a quick short stroll on the platform as her legs had been hurting sitting for a long duration. As she was walking on the platform, she noticed an old woman sitting at one corner near a pillar. She was calling out to everyone to come and have a look at her jewelry collection. Avni's heart went out to the old woman who was sitting all alone, and trying to make a living and there was absolutely no one who was even sparing a glance at her. She slowly walked towards the old lady. Her eyes widened in awe, on seeing the craftsmanship displayed in front of her. "These are so beautiful" said Avni. The old woman, was elated to finally see someone approach her. "Please Madam. Have a look at this. These were made by my grand-daughter. She has put a lot of effort into them. It is okay even if you do not buy, but please do have a look" she pleaded. Avni smiled at the lady and picked up a simple yet beautiful silver chain which had a small split heart-shaped locket engraved with the words "I Love You". It was a couple-chain set. "This is indeed an exquisite piece of jewelry. I will give this to Vidyut when we are reunited. This will be a special symbol of our love" she thought to herself and a slight blush crept on her face. "I would like to purchase this chain set. How much does it cost?" she asked. "One chain costs Rs.45. So, the pair would cost you Rs.90. But since you have been so kind to me, and been the only one to have spared a look, I would like to charge you Rs.80" said the old woman smiling. "Hard work should always be rewarded well. Here is Rs.100 as a token of my appreciation. Please tell your grand-daughter that she has done a fabulous job in creating this marvelous piece of jewelry. I absolutely love it." Said Avni, smiling. The old woman smiled back and said "God bless you my dear girl. I hope you are only blessed with lots of love always". Avni smiled and walked away, after keeping the two chains in her sling. She brought a bottle of water and then climbed back into her coach, to resume her journey. As the train moved, her heart felt light and content after the encounter with the old woman. "I truly hope I get my true love" she thought to herself.

After around 5 hours, the train finally reached her destination, she got off the train pulling her luggage behind her and walked towards the exit. Almost instantaneously she spotted Sunehri running towards her. Sunehri engulfed her in a tight hug. "My dear Avni, how have you been? It is so good to see you after all these years", she said. "Same here Sunehri. I am so happy to meet you after all these years. I have missed you so much my dear friend. There is so much that I have to discuss with you" she said smiling. "Well we will reach home in ten minutes. And then we have all the time in the world to talk and just talk" said Sunehri laughing. After loading her luggage at the back, the two of them drove off to Sunehri's house.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Everybody.. Short update I know. I will try to give the next one faster :) So thoughts? How are you liking the story so far? Please let me know your thoughts :)