Chapter - 8

Back with another update😃
--------------------------------------------------------------

As she stood under the shower, and as the water cascaded on her, Avni racked her brains hard to try and recollect the sequence of events that had chanced the previous night. She could recollect her and Neil entering the house. They had been wandering about, inspecting the different rooms in the house, and then she remembered that Neil had removed some beer bottles from the refrigerator. She recalled having gulped down the contents of one beer bottle and reaching out for the second one. The next thing she knew was her lying beside Neil in her bedroom. Her heart was pounding and she was gripped with fear now. Tears streamed down her face as she tried hard to recollect the previous night. Had she really slept with him? Had she crossed her limits with him? But why would Neil lie about this? She made up her mind to talk to him about the situation again. She had to clear things with him, else she could never be at peace. She stepped out of the shower and got dressed up hurriedly. She had to talk to him before he left home. She spotted him talking to someone over the phone and decided to approach him. She walked up to him and hid behind the balcony door, eagerly waiting for him to end his conversation so that she could confront him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Neil was on the phone with DD. "Well I have to admit. Last night was hella interesting DD", he said smiling. Avni's heart started to beat faster than an express train, listening to his words. "Wow. Is that so? What exactly happened? Shall I attribute this interesting night to the presence of the hot chick in your apartment?" asked DD laughing. "Your guess is absolutely right my friend. It was her who was responsible for that amazing night.", said Neil. Avni's face fell listening to this. So, indeed it was her who was to be held accountable for whatever had happened last night. 'Why did I have to drink that extra bottle? What was I even trying to prove? Stupid me!' she chided herself. "Ahem. This sounds very interesting. I would like to know every single detail Neil", said an inquisitive DD. "We sneaked into Juhi's house last night in order to inspect it, as they were away for the weekend. I happened to find a few beer bottles in their refrigerator. I decided to have one and offered her one. By the way her name is Avni. Madam lost control after one bottle. She refused to listen to me and gulped down nearly 3 bottles of beer. Of course, she was very high and couldn't handle it well. She kept swaying side-ward, so I grabbed her to prevent her from falling. She flocked her arms around me, even kissed me on the cheeks and rested her forehead against mine" said Neil blushing. Meanwhile Avni, facepalmed herself, and buried her face in her palms out of embarrassment. "Wow. Seems like quite an interesting turn of events. Are you sure the hot chick isn't in love with you?" asked an excited DD. "Are you crazy DD? I'd rather fall down from the top floor of the Empire State building than have to deal with her. Do you know how she bites back at me, even if I try to converse normally with her? Stop making such random assumptions about her. That is never going to be the case. Anyhow shortly after that, she fainted on my shoulder. I lifted her up and carried her back to our house bedroom.", said Neil. Though she dreaded the upcoming conversation, her ears were now perked up on high alert. She had to know what had happened. She strained her ears harder, to try and follow what he had to say next. "Whoa! This seems to be getting more interesting by the minute. Then what happened Neil?" asked DD who was now hyped up with excitement. "What happened? Don't sound so excited bro. I know where your thoughts are headed. Sorry to disappoint you, but nothing of that sort happened. As soon as I lay her down on the bed, she puked. I carried her to the bathroom and got her cleaned up. And in this process, her dress got wet. She would fall sick if I let her sleep in those clothes. I went to check if the landlady Mrs. Chopra was awake, so that she could help us, but their house door was locked. Guess they were away for the weekend too. I had no choice but to change her clothes by myself. I grabbed a long white shirt from my cupboard and first slipped it on her. Then placed the blanket over her and pulled down her gown with my eyes closed. It sure was quite a task to change someone else's clothes, especially a girl's and that too with my eyes shut. The gown was Juhi's, so I had to place it back in her closet. Luckily, I found a dry-cleaner who said he would get it cleaned for me in a couple of hours. Meanwhile, after putting Avni to sleep, I went and cleaned up at Juhi's place as we had messed up the place. After collecting the gown from the dry-cleaners, I placed it back in Juhi's closet. By the time I got back home, I was extremely tired. I just decided to lie down next to her for a while on the bed, but I don't know when deep sleep took over and I ended up sleeping next to her. What a terribly exhausting and adventurous night it was.", said Neil. Avni who had been listening all this while, was touched by his concern and gestures, though she wasn't absolutely sure if she could rule out if anything else had happened after that. She continued to eavesdrop on his conversation. "This morning she woke up to find me sleeping beside her. She misunderstood the situation. And me wanting to get back at her, decided to take advantage of it and lied to her. I told her that something special happened between us last night. Poor innocent little naive girl actually fell for it. I can play around with her DD, but I can never ever dream of taking advantage of her. I admit that she's very obstinate, difficult to deal with tons of attitude, ungrateful and thankless, but I respect her a lot. And I also understand what a girl's consent means to her. In fact, I have to apologize to her for having touched her without her consent, but that was something I couldn't avoid at that moment. She could have easily refused to share this house with me, but she was understanding and kind enough to understand how important it was for me to be here. Also, she is indeed a hot chick as you call her. She happened to slip into one of Juhi's gown last night and I just couldn't take my eyes off her. She looked stunning." said Neil. Avni's eyes glistened with tears and her heart was now relieved after listening to his words. ". I can play around with her DD, but I can never ever dream of taking advantage of her." – these words kept reiterating in her mind. She heaved a sigh of relief and her heart leapt in joy on learning the truth. She blushed on him acknowledging her as 'hot'. A profound respect grew in her heart for Neil, but at the same time she was annoyed at him for playing with her and having her fooled. 'Two can play at this game Mr Neil.', she thought to herself and decided to give him a taste of his own medicine, as she walked away from the balcony.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Neil hung up the call with DD and went to the bathroom to have a quick shower. As he stepped out of there, with only a towel wrapped around his waist, he saw Avni on his room. He was taken aback as he wasn't expecting her to be there. Almost instantaneously, he turned around in the opposite direction, facing away from her. "What the hell are you doing here? I need to change. Please get out!" he yelled annoyed. She smiled and slowly walked towards him. She gradually slipped her arms in between his, and grabbed onto his shoulders in a tight grip from behind. She smiled naughtily, saying "Why are you running away from me now? What's there to feel shy anymore? After all, last night, I did already see a lot more than you are trying to cover now!" Her sudden grip on him was making him lose his senses gradually. He realized that he was now trapped in his own web of lies that he had weaved. He could hardly utter a word, considering how closely and tightly she was clinging to him. He grabbed her hands and pushed it away gently. "A..A..Avni.. let me get dressed up. I have something important to tell you" he stuttered. When he turned to face her, she slowly encircled her arms seductively around him, this time the grip being tighter and her moving closer to him. He could smell her familiar sweet strawberry scent now, which started having its effect on him already. "Let me help you get dressed up darling" she said huskily, as she slowly ruffled his wet hairs from behind with her hands. Neil gulped as he looked everywhere else apart from her. He was struggling to find words and he continued to stammer saying "Errrmm..it's alright Avni. I don't need your help. I'm pretty sure I can manage by myself.!" "You know how difficult it is for me to stay away from you now Neil. After all, a lot has happened between us last night which has literally changed how I feel for you. You are now everything to me Neil. I just need to be with you." said Avni blushing looking downwards, sounding as serious and convincing as she could. Internally, her mind was laughing seeing him so nervous and fumble so bad. That was definitely the final straw. Neil was now scandalized to an extent that he could no longer carry on with this game. "Nothing happened between us Avni. Do you get that? NOTHING. I was only messing with you to get back at you for your attitude. I just deemed this as a great opportunity to seek my revenge. I only happened to fall into deep sleep beside you, but I promise, that was it. Nothing happened after that." said Neil exasperatedly, as he detached her hands gently away from his neck. "Who told you I'm serious either? I am messing with you too. Actually, I did come here to discuss about the same, but I'm sorry, I just couldn't help but overhear the conversation you were having with your friend." said Avni. "That's bad manners you know! By the way, just how much exactly did you hear?" he asked her, fearing that she might have also heard the hot and stunning comments for her. "Every single word Mr Neil. Every single word!" she said with a sparkle in her eyes. He looked up at her, his eyes widened in shock. He swore he saw a tinge of blush on her face. She smiled softly, turned and walked away from him. Before she left the room, she turned back again, smiled and said "Thank You so much for taking care of me and for all your help last night Neil. Also, you praising me as hot chick is really music to my ears. It sounds very cute, especially coming from you." He smiled back at her. "Nothing can beat that sweet kiss I received from you on my cheek.", he replied winking at her. She turned her face away from him, unable to meet his eyes. She continued to blush as she walked away from him in the opposite direction. Unknown to them, the winds of change were blowing, and these two souls were totally oblivious of what the universe was conspiring for them. 

--------------------------------------------------------------
So how was it? 🙂 there are a lot of reads but I don't receive much feedback from readers. I'm not even sure if people are liking this story.🙁 Please let me know your thoughts guys. It encourages me to write better.  Thank you🙂