Chapter 2: Double Date Night

Meanwhile at Dru's mansion, Dru, Gru, Lucy and I are now ready for tonight's date night. We all wearing in casual clothes but we were just going to the meadow near here where we can see the meteor shower.  When the girls; Margo, Edith and Agnes saw us in our formal suits, Margo approached us and asked,

" So, you guys go for a date night?" 

"Yes, of course." I said happily.

"Ooh, ooh, can we come?" Agnes said.

"Now girls, you don't have to go with us because it's only for us to get ourselves in private." Gru said to the girls.

"Um, okay." Agnes said.

"Well, okay then. See you later you two lovebirds!" Margo said.

"Have fun!" Edith said.

When we left, Agnes said to her,

"So, what's your plan, Edith?"

Edith grinned and said to her sisters,

"I've got an idea."

  In the meadow that was twilight, we got our preparations prepared; a blanket, a bottle of wine, a loaf of sliced bread with strawberry jam in it, and two cups of ice cream in cookies and cream flavor for me and Dru. We ate our meals together and we talked each other for a while. I loved the taste of the strawberry jam sandwich that Dru made, although he's good at making it with fruit jams.

"Wow, this is good, Dru! I didn't know you made these jams by yourself." Lucy said.

"Ha ha ha... Thanks. I'm so glad you liked it though." Dru said.

"Hmm... Reminds me of making my own fruit jam business before. It's like you're doing that better making than me anyway. Although mine tastes bad." Gru said.

Dru giggled and said to his brother, 

"No worries, brother. I can even teach you how to do it."

"Yep, Dru's the expert." Lucy said.

I chuckled a little and said,

"He he... I agree Lucy can say that."

 A few minutes later, we sat together watching the big moon above the skies. I blushed by the moonlight seeming that I was thinking about me and Dru together spending time some another memorable moment again with Gru and Lucy.

"Ah... What a beautiful night it could be." Dru said.

"I felt that too, Dru." I said while I'm blushing.

We got silenced for a while and on the other side, Gru and Lucy also felt their hearts beating when watching the moonlight.

"Honey, I think this is the best night we could spend time together as a couple." Lucy said.

"Yeah, I agree. You know, whenever that moon shines, I can already see my dreams in the future, and I'm always hoping on something." Gru said.

"On what?"

"Hoping for my life to change. And you are the one that changed my life, with our dear girls."

"Aww... How sweet of you, Gru." 

On behind, Margo, Edith and Agnes with the two minions; Kevin and Stuart preparing the plan on taking pictures of us kissing and later on, post it on the internet.

"Okay guys, get ready. This is going to be fun..." Edith said while the others are grinning.

On me and Dru's side, I said to him in a shy way,

"Uh... Dru?"

"Hmm?" Dru responded.

"Well... It's... It's been three years that we spent time together as best friends, and... You finally made me as your girlfriend. He he..." 

"Ha ha... Yes, I know. It's because... You're always there at my side to protect me, and you are so special. Since I found Gru again and now, the crimson girl in my dreams, which is you. Speaking of, I have that same thoughts as him though upon looking myself on the moon in my mansion window before, hoping that I may see him again."

"Same as you wished me for." 

We were slowly about to kiss each other until we noticed a flash behind us, seeming that the girls have finally captured us while were going to kiss each other!

"Okay, who did that?" Gru asked.

"Gru, let's take a look on that side." I said.

Gru and I sneaked behind the girls until we surprised them. None of them noticed us that we are also gonna surprise them out.

"Gotcha!" I said to Edith while I tickled her.

"Ha ha ha... Come here you naughty girls! I told you to stay at the mansion!" Gru said to the girls.

"Come on! We just wanted to take you a little picture!" Agnes said.

"Just a memorable moment for the four of you together." Edith said.

"Ya, si!" The Minions said.

"Y memorable por tu momentos." Kevin said.

"Alright guys, you can come here and join." I said to them.

Then the girls and the Minions cheered up and goes towards Dru and Lucy.

"Ha! So it's the girls are there to picture us all along!" Dru gladly said.

"Sneaking behind us to take the pictures of us." I said.

"But I really meant that to stay them at the mansion." Gru insisted. 

"At least they gave us a moment." I said to him while showing the pictures in Edith's phone showing the pictures of him kissed with Lucy and so to ours that is almost.

"Heh... I guess you were right. Those girls gave us some break." Gru said.

"Yep, they totally did." I said when suddenly the meteor shower starts.

"Hey guys, look! It's starting!" Dru excitingly said.

"Whoa! Shooting stars!" Edith said.

"Now Agnes, make a wish!" Margo said to her.

"It's beautiful!" I said in my marvel.

"Yes, beautiful indeed." Gru said as Dru holds me while watching those shooting stars from the sky. Little did I know that I never mind about what I read into that paper I found lately, but at least everyone is enjoying the sky view. And, that was our best double date in my whole life.