Chapter 12: Ghost-Town Village

The next day, Lucy took Maria to give her the outfit that Dru used to wear earlier before we got here.

"See the jeans are ripped but I hope it doesn't show something above it." Lucy said.

"No, it's alright. I like wearing ripped jeans though." Maria said.

After dressing, me and the rest of the guys are started packing again to find a house inside the village as our hideout near Don Montero's mansion. Then I approached to them and said,

"You girls done dressing?"

"Yes, we are ready to go." Lucy replied.

"Let's go then." I said.

Then we go the village where it once lively, but it turns out it is a ghost-town place. Some of the houses are almost turned into ash, others are shed in blood, some also are wrecked and there are some corpses covered in the snow. Maria was covering her eyes and walked slowly behind us. The minions noticed her so afraid that she can cover her eyes so, Kevin approaches to her and said,

"María, no tengas miedo. Pick a me si quieres."

"She picked him up and walks towards us then Stuart said to her,

"Ahem... Maria, me questione?"

"What is it?" she replied.

"Por qué te cubres los ojos? "

"I-I'm kinda scared of blood so... that's why."

"Tu le know es mi cosa asustada? Aku takut clown horribles."

"Ha, si te hago payaso y me miro al espejo, gritas." Kevin said.

"Si. me remembra  que solía asustarlo el pasado Halloween, salió corriendo con mi disfraz de clown." Mel said as he listened to their discussion.

"Bakayarou, stupa!" Stuart said to Mel as they both laughed with Kevin.

"He he he... Maybe next time I'm going to scare him out." I said in my thoughts furtively.

Then Gru found a house that can served as our hideout against the Monteros. As we go inside, it was slightly wrecked and the furniture of this house were not wrecked at all. Not even one wreckage.

"So, are you sure that we're going to stay here?" Maria asked Gru.

"Yes, this is the place." he said.

"Well then, brother. I think we should start a little meeting?" Dru said to us.

  Meanwhile at Dru's mansion, Margo, Edith and Agnes with the rest of the minions are now bored. 

"Ugh... How long did those guys were traveling there in Jelou's mansion?" Edith said.

"You mean, their new mission given to their boss?" Margo said.

"It's been three days! I can't take this boredom anymore."

"Relax, Edith. I'm sure they're going home soon."

So they decided to call us then Gru picked up the phone and answered,

"Hello?"

"Hello, dad?" Margo said.

"Oh, Margo. You called in."

"How's work?"

"Nah, it's fine. We're all fine with your Uncle Dru, Mommy Lucy, and your Auntie Jelou."

After I heard it, my face turned crimson and said in my thoughts,

"'Auntie... Jelou?' Wait, I'm now the auntie?! But... I'm not married with Dru yet..."

"Oh, really? So, when can you come home?" Margo said.

"Um... Sooner when we're finished our mission." Gru replied.

"Oh, come on! Not another wait!" Edith said to herself, frustrated.

"Edith!" Agnes and Margo said. 

"Well, dad. We can wait you any longer now." 

she added.

"Okay then. I'm hanging up. Bye!" Gru said as he hung up the phone.

Margo also put down the phone and said to Edith,

"Edith, you can't just raise your voice like that!"

"Seriously? I can't even wait any longer now." Edith said.

Agnes was thinking until something sparks in her mind and said,

"Wait, what if we can go there with the rest of the minions to go after them? They maybe need our help there."

"That's a great idea!" Edith exclaimed.

"Agnes, it's too dangerous if we go there with them." Margo warned her.

"But, at least we have the minions for back-up." Edith said.

"Can we go after them, please?" Agnes pleaded.

Margo can't contain her sisters' request so she said to them,

"Alright, we're going."

"Yahoo!"Edith and Agnes said as they're all preparing themselves to go after us.