Chapter 15: Unexpected Betrayal

Once we are inside the mansion undetected, we sneaked out to the hallway, to the room where the ruby is secured with invisible booby traps. Lucy sprayed her trap reacting spray to be careful on laser beams that reacts only when an intruder comes in to take it. The laser triggers as it appears on too much lines unlike the one with the Rayleigh Diamond before. So we decided to get out and climbed to the rooftop as she goes down, quickly picked it up by her bare hands. I pulled up her slowly until we successfully got it.

"We finally got it, Jelou!" Lucy said.

"Excellent! Now we should go back to our hideout before they will suspect us." I said.

As we're going back to our hideout with the ruby, I noticed that only Mel is there and Dru is missing.

"Wait, where's Dru?" I asked.

Mel only lifted his shoulder as he doesn't know where he is so instead, I said to them,

"Maybe you guys should go first, I'll go and find him."

"Okay, be careful." Lucy said as they left back to the hideout.

I started to look everywhere on the cold winter woods to find Dru yet there's no sign of him. I felt that something's not right. I hid on a tree and I saw him with the other guy never knowing that it's a trap. I got devastated that he's the one who cheats just as Maria predicted, my tears rolled down in dismay and jealousy, though I have no choice but to shoot the cheater who kissed him inside my body.

I showed up with disbelief, while him looking at me in a fearful way, realizing his mistake.

"Jelou... I am really sorry..."

Because of my anger and so much jealousy, I hardly slapped him.

"H-How... Dare you?! After all those years... I trusted you... How could you do this to me?! You promised that you never leave me alone!"

"But Jel... I never know..." 

I pushed him apart from me and said;

"You betrayed me! I gave a lot of effort to be here this whole life we spent each other, we spent three years, Dru! Three years! We were still best friends and still lovers!" 

Still had my tears rolling in my eyes telling him how hurt I have been.

"I never meant that to happen.. I'm being tempted, okay? I'm scared too on what will happen to us if one of us cheats, and I don't want to break ourselves apart. You have to believe me!" He said as his tears rolled down in his eyes too. As a result, I never listened to him as I pointed the knife at him and said;

"Stay away from me! Or I'm gonna kill you."

He stood backwards as I put down the knife and uttered,

"Get out of my sight..."

Dru kept on crying and said, 

"But Jel..."

"LEAVE ME ALONE! NOW!" I yelled.

He stood backwards and said softly,

"Fine... We're no longer be together again. Goodbye." 

He left me heartbroken but still sad about it and I continued crying on the cold snowy ground, never realized what I did to him. I never wished to break ourselves apart but I think he kinda deserved it.

"Dru, forgive me..." I said in my thoughts.