Chapter 14: Planning The Heist

I then told the plan on how to steal that ruby back and to defeat the family clan against us. 

"Okay guys, here's the plan: While Gru, Kevin and Stuart are going to stay here with Maria; Dru, Lucy, Mel and I are going back to retrieve the Sunset Ruby. But since Maria warned us about Yasmin and her cousin Julio with two men accompanied them, we put ourselves double guard." I said to them, as we are ready for a lookout.

"Well then, how can you make sure that both of you will be safe from this idea?" Gru said.

"The thing is: It's common that we can put our enemies to diversion, am I right?" I said to Gru.

"Yeah, but that's not the best option yet."

"So, what shall we do?"

Lucy thought of an idea about stealing back the Sunset Ruby with Dru by going into the rooftop like what we did on the Culinian Diamond Heist. But I said to her,

"The security of that mansion is super secured like we did busting in Emilia's lair."

"Yes, but we can take care of that. Dru is now expert to this stealing thing so you don't need to worry." She said.

"Wait, did Dru knew all of the security traps it had?" Gru asked.

"I know all the security traps in the mansion, so I must tell him about it." I said to Gru.

"Quite the problem." Lucy said.

"But you will tell him about that, right?" Gru asked.

"Yeah, as much as possible." I said to him back.

"But Jelou, must remember; You and Dru must be careful on the heist. And make sure you two will not breaking each other. Understood?" Maria said to me.

"Don't worry, we'll be careful. You too." 

After that, we all agreed to plan till the next day, me, Dru, Lucy and Mel proceeds to do the heist as planned. Of course Maria and the rest staying in our hideout so that they're still safe. While on the walk, Yasmin and the others are hiding, waiting for the ambush.

"Stay in your positions. We will going to take them out. Ha ha ha ha ha..." Yasmin said sinisterly.

In our side, Dru said to me,

"Hey, maybe we should go first to steal the ruby with Lucy for quick advantage?"

Suddenly, we stopped as I slightly raised my hand to halt, sensing the danger that someone is trying to make an ambush.

"Hold on, don't try making any necessary movement." I said to them.

Looking onto the surroundings, we we're alarmed when Mel noticed something that's flashing in the distance and said,

"Buddies! Look-a!"

We moved out as gunshots fired except for Dru who is looking around, but I quickly pushed him down. Thankfully no one is harmed by their bullets, so I pull the gun and fired a shot back at the ambushers.

"Everyone! Stay on guard!" I shouted.

On Yasmin's side, she said to the two back ups,

"Attack!" 

They attacked us quickly and we fought to defend ourselves. Lucy knocked one down and the other who is swift but didn't escaped in my kick that made him unconscious.

"Darn it!" Yasmin said in frustration.

After we defeated the two back ups, I said to Mel and Dru;

"Guys, I think you should stay here near the mansion and make sure that you're both safe. I'll be the one to get the ruby back with Lucy." 

"I assure that but, I hope you both stay safe too." Dru said as we go apart on stealing back the ruby in the hands of Don Montero and his clan.