Chapter 7: Meeting the Monteros

Finally we arrived at the Monteros' mansion where my half sister Yasmin introduces us to the leader of the clan which is our evil step grandfather. 

"Grandpa, we have new visitors. Hope you will welcome them warmly." she said to him.

"Well, let them in." He commanded.

Then he stood up to his chair and goes forward to us and said,

"Greetings my dear visitors, Welcome to the territory of the Montero Family Clan. I am Don Aries Montero, you can call me 'Don Montero' if you'd like to."

When he spotted one of us who is a former supervillain which is Gru,  he said to him,

"I spy something one of you is a former supervillain. You must be Felonius Gru, right?" 

"Yes, and I'm not a supervillain anymore, I retired at that though. And you might talking about my twin brother Dru, but he's not even with us today." Gru said.

"I see. So how about your crew who is with you today? Can you introduce yourselves?"

I stepped forward and said to him,

"Well, allow me to introduce ourselves, I'm Jerome, Gru's close cousin, the lady in light blue outfit is Lucy, Gru's wife and partner, and this is... uh..." 

"Before I could finish my sentence, I looked behind Dru while I'm thinking about his name in disguise, I quickly said to Don Montero,

"This is Dru... celle. She is Drucelle. My best friend."

"Drucelle?" Dru said in his thoughts.

"Hmm... So that reminds me of something about her and my stepdaughter Jelou , but her name is exactly like Gru's twin brother, or should I say twin 'sister'." he said to me.

We both laughed including Gru who is awkwardly laughing, he said to him,

"He he he... Yes, it does."

Then he grabbed me and whispered,

"Jel, what are you doing? Are you sure about naming my brother 'Drucelle'? It's kinda obvious!"

"I know but, I don't have any idea to name him in disguise! Besides, that is a girl's name." I whispered him back. 

"Even your name is a boy's name."

"Don't mind it, that is also a girl's name."

"Alright, fine. You're on it."

"Uh... You guys said something?" Yasmin said to us, 

"Oh... I-It's nothing, Yasmin. Some cousin stuff. Ha ha..." I said to her in an awkward way.

"Huh. Not bad." 

Dru raised his hand and said,

"Okay guys, may I speak now?" 

"Why of course, Drucelle." Don Montero said.

"Is there any room to take us a rest for a while?"

"Okay then, Yasmin , Julio and Julian may accompany you into your given rooms for you to stay here. It seems that you are all exhausted on traveling through here."

"Oh, thank goodness." Dru said in his thoughts.

"It seems you and Drucelle need a private room so I will accompany you with one of the little tic-tacs into the room where my half sister sleeps."Yasmin said to me.

"Well, thank you. I'll be glad to." I said.

And so Gru, Lucy, Stuart and Mel are accompanied by the twins while me, Dru and Kevin took us into my former bedroom. I looked around the area and I found the old portrait of me and Yasmin together in our formal suits including the one that Dru wears now. 

"So, this is the portrait of your half sister together." I said to Yasmin; pretending that I don't know about that image.

"Yes, but... I don't want to talk about her." 

"Oh, is that so? Sorry about that." I said to her.

"Well then. By the way, my grandpa invites you on a ball he prepared tomorrow night, since we have a special occasion. Would you come? I'll be the one preparing your outfits later."

"Sure!" 

"Okay, take a rest and enjoy."

Yasmin closed the door as she left then Kevin tugged me and said,

"Uh, Jelou? Bisakah saya te parler momento?"

"What is it, Kevin? Is there any problem?" I said.

"Eh, no. Il semble que... estoy ... estoy enamorado..."

"In love with who?" Dru said to Kevin.

"Weno... No lo sé ... Eída aftó to korítsi me kourélia en harapos barriendo el piso lantai di belakang kami. Wastan tóso ómorfi me ta kontá kastaná y ver sus ojos marrones brillando en mí..."

"I think she's one of their slaves..."  I said in my thoughts while thinking about the Montero's enslavery and killing them just like what Lucy searched about them.

"Do you noticed some chains on her arms and legs?" I said to Kevin.

"No, pero creo que vi uno en su pierna izquierda". He said.

"I knew it!" I said in my thoughts.

"Well anyways, since I'm tired... We better put ourselves to bed." Dru said to us.

"Alright, me too. Come on, Kevin. Bedtime." I said while I'm yawning.

Then we three put ourselves to bed to take some rest for a while. But since it's night time, we all fall asleep.