Road to Freedom

Ochako opened her eyes to a dark room. It was dimly lit with little to nothing inside it. 'Where am I?' She looked down at her hands to see bandages on them and that of a child's. 'What happened to me!?' Standing up, Ochako noticed a shadowy figure beside her. It started moving to the door motioning to leave.

"I-I can't. Th-they'll see me."

'Why does my voice sound like this?' The specter moved closer to swirl around her before disappearing. From there a voice, Izuku's voice, began speaking in her head.

"I have temporarily made you invisible, Miss Eri. I will guide you out through the safest route of this nightmare you are in."

'Eri?' Ochako felt her body walk over before passing something that reflected what she looked like. She noticed her brown bob cut was now white and somewhat dirty hair hardly kept up on. Her chestnut eyes were now a deep red. But the biggest thing she noticed was she was now the size of a 4 year old that had a horn perturbing out of the top right of her head. 'HOW AM I ERI RIGHT NOW!?'

The door opened for her to look both ways before running as fast as she could with her little legs. "Take a right at the next turn." The shadow spoke for her to follow it's directions. "The turn after the next left." She followed the lead before running right in front of Overhaul having a talk with a man. She panicked, afraid she'd be heard before the voice spoke again. "He cannot see you. As long as you don't make noise, he cannot tell where you are." Slowly and very careful not to bump into or have her footsteps make too much noise, Eri tiptoed around Overhaul and out of the area.

'Just what am I seeing right now? Is this actually happening?'

"You're doing great. The next turn will have a stairwell. I need you to hit the tiles in a specific way to open it." Eri agreed to stop at a stairwell and press the tiles in a unique pattern she was instructed to. When it opened, the small child ran out and towards the door. "Eri, stop!" She stood still seeing a yakuza on guard. She slowly moved around him and went towards the closed main gate. "There's a hole in the gate near the bush to your left. If you crawl out, you should be able to squeeze through with no problem." Eri looked over to see a hole about her size in the large wall that went completely through and was hidden by a trash can. Crawling out, she found herself outside the yakuza base somewhat in disbelief. "Now I need you to listen carefully. I'm going to lead you from here on outside and we will go to my ally that you have met before. In his care, you should be safe."

"Ok Mr. ghost." The specter came out and motioned Eri to follow out and down the street with the sun peeking out from behind the city's horizon.

Ochako started to wake up to the sight of the roof of the Nighteye agency's sleeping quarters. "Ok, that was weird."

"What was weird?" Butters came up right to Ochako's face for her to unintentionally panic.

"Ah!" She fell out of the bed and onto the floor with Butters doing the same but landing on his feet. "Why are you on top of me when I wake up?"

"I was enjoying a nice sleep on your chest after Izuku kicked me off him as he was trying to handle a call." Getting off the ground, Ochako adjusted her clothing to adjust her tanktop and shorts she was sleeping in before being asked by Butters. "So what did you dream about? Izuku and you mating?"

Going red, the brunette immediately defended herself. "I would never think something like that!"

"Like what?" Izuku came walking in with two mugs of tea being held by his shadow as he held a few egg bagel sandwiches from a diner down the road.

"I-it's nothing. Just a weird dream about Eri."

"A dream you say. Would you mind telling me?" Izuku passed her a mug and a bagel while Ochako explained the major points of her dream. How she saw through Eri's eyes and despite being unable to control her body she felt the fear and anxiety she was experiencing as she made her escape. "So you could hear what was happening and my shadow speaking to Eri?"