Moonlight Readings

As the duo went inside the house, Inko came to welcome Izuku back home. "Izuku, how was school?" "It was nice." Inko glanced over to smile at Ochako. "It's nice to see you again Uraraka." "Oh, thank you Mrs. Midoriya. Also thank you for allowing me to stay." Ochako bowed with the short woman smiling. "I sure wish my son would agree to date you. The both of you would make such an adorable couple." Both teens went red as Butters walked in to hop on the sofa near Inko. "Don't mess with their heads too much Mrs. M, they need all their concentration when it comes time tonight." "Alright. I'll get dinner ready while the two of you do what you wish."

Izuku led Ochako down to the basement where he had all his books, potions, and spiritual artifacts. "Woah, so cool!" Ochako walked around while seeing everything Izuku had. "Please be careful of some of the stuff in here. Not everything is safe to mess with." "Wait, why do you have rattlesnake venom?" "For a special potion." Izuku took something out of a cabinet and offered it to Ochako. "When we're doing the reading tonight, wear this. It's a special outfit made with unique fiber and can act as a defense against any wayward spirits who wish to possess you." Ochako grabbed it while looking at the outfit strangely. "Looks a little revealing to me." "Sorry, but this is the best I could do." Ochako went red with Butters sitting near a cauldron that had a skeleton hand come out to pet him. "Seems Franky is happy to see you again." "Right there, oh that is godly."

Izuku grabbed a few books from the shelf for Ochako while she looked at the titles. "Crystalopathy for Beginners, Spirit Veil and You, Potions for Better Lives?" "Might as well explain what we're going to do. We will be starting with a little crystal ball reading since the spirit veil, or the shroud that keeps this world and the spirit world apart is less apparent for us to speak to the dead. We will also learn a little of how to make small potions for us. Nothing big, just a few to help maybe with slight skin issues, give your body minerals it's lacking, also some to help with sleep or vitality." "We're going to be doing that tonight?" "Yup. Full moons are always the best time to do things like this. Shows the best results for us to know where we're starting." "I can almost guarantee he's also showing off to you Uraraka." Izuku glared at his feline friend who held his paw up like he was flipping him off. "Meow motha fucka."

Izuku immediately hit Butters over the head while opening one of the books up to begin with Ochako. They began going over some of the basics of what the spirit veil was with some info on how to read a crystal ball with a few demonstrations by Izuku. He had also taught her how to make a voodoo doll in case someone needed to be taught a lesson by her standards. Ochako was absorbing all this like a sponge to find more marvel in the spirit world. She eventually asked about how Izuku can use shadows the way he can for him to explain what he did to obtain this capability. Eventually, a few hours passed in a blink of an eye with Inko calling them to dinner. Since Ochako was a guest, she decided to do something to fit her tastes. She wasn't a very picky girl, so Inko decided something simple yet tasty for all three to enjoy.

"So when will you do this moonlight reading?" "When the moon is fully up in the sky, we'll start. Until then, we've been going over some basics for a few things." Inko looked at Ochako worried while asking. "WIll I have to explain to your parents why you're raising the dead?" "I don't think so." "That's a relief. Last time Izuku tried to raise the dead, he made someone's pet rabbit come back with the taste for flesh." "You try and do something good for someone and it turns into making the zombie apocalypse almost happen." Izuku states this with sarchasm while Butters eats from his bowl which had some pieces of what they were eating along with a fish bone for him to naw on. "That rabbit did taste good." "Of course you would say that. Since the thing needed to be put down, Butters turned into his panther form to eat the rabbit whole. He then turned back into his house cat form to burp up a few pieces of hair." "He can be a little scary." Ochako thought back to the first day where Mineta almost became his snack. "Without a doubt."