Chapter 34: Graduation 🤧🎓

3rd person POV

The rest of the night at prom was a success. Ray and Winnie almost had a dance battle. They took pictures and the night was extravagant!

2 days after that was graduation. There was a bus that took Ray and the other students to the coliseum.  The cap and gowns were a forest green and you could customize your own cap.

Ray sew in all caps "FREEDOM IS JUST WAITING FOR YOU" and sewed a little heart on it.

Martha and Nate were coming. Their graduation was the day before Ray's. Ray also wanted Don to come so he can introduce himself to Martha.

Ray finished getting dressed and peaked through the curtains. He saw a huge crowd. He gulped when he finally found his boyfriend, mother and friends. Norman seemed to be texting on his phone but he knew that Norman's popularity will arrive after the ceremony.

After an hour later the curtains opened and the traditional graduation music played. Ray was next in line for the J's. His heart was pumping when he was following the line to the 1,000 chairs.

Ray saw Winnie, they gave him a thumbs up and Ray did the same when they were sitting across each other.

********************************

Ray's POV

It was so hot outside! Damn! I had to take off my cap a bunch of times. The principal took long for saying a speech and he told us that this was just the beginning.

Finally he called for the last names A-C . When he got to the last name Cruz I was shouting big because of Winnie. They looked back at me and smiled big.

'Can they PLEASE just get to the J's already..??!!' I say in my head

After 40 minutes it was my turn. I was the 7th one.

The moment Principal Shoemen called 'Ray Jones' I heard a whole orchestra! Norman and everyone screamed and hollered for my name.

Mom infact brought cymbals and started to hit them. It was pretty embarrassing but she was happy.

And after about 50 minutes the ceremony was over!

The moment Principal Shoemen said "You are all finished! Congratulations!!!" All of us raised our caps and threw them up to the sky!

I was finally finished with high school! I was out! 😆

I met with Winnie and their family. Martha ran to me quick and hugged me

"I'm so proud of you!!"

"One of the best boyfriends ever!" Norman said smiling

"You're free now!" Emma said

"Congratulations!!!" Don, Gilda, and Nate all said

I smile proudly "Thank you so much! You guys are the best!"

Mom comes to me and hugs "Ray...I'm so proud of you. You've worked hard all these 4 years and you're now entering a new chapter in your life!"

I smile again as tears enter my eyes "Yesss! And...You know... I'd really wish dad was here to see see this. He would be happy."

"Aw...yes I know. But his looking down from here. And even though he's not here..He's here in spirit." Mom says and hugs me one last time.

Mom was the best. It was very hard for me to come out to my feelings to her and say that I was dating a boy...But she was still by my side and it makes me feel safe around her that I am with others.

Ugh! Good grief! Those annoying girls were back! Jessica, Hailey, and Brittany. All three of them were wearing their cap and gowns with their pointy high heeled stilettos. I call them the 3 sisters.

"Oh my god!! Are you Normàn Williams? Like THE Normàn Williams...????" Hailey said blushing

Norman cleared his throat and adjusted his tie "Why yes of course. Pleasure to make your acquaintance."

"AHHHH!! Please! Marry me! I've had a crush on you since you started modeling on the magazine!" Brittany squealed and put almost her whole body on Normàn's chest

"Marry you..? I don't think I can really do that." Norman laughed a little

"Huhhh? What do you mean by that?" Brittany asked looking sad

Wait! Are you.... dating anyone? Noooo that can't be! Haha, if you were...All of New North City would know! Hahaha!" Jessica said laughing

"OMG! Jess you are right!" Hailey said

"Of course Hailes! I know Normàn like that...!" Jessica says proudly

Jessica then gives me an angry look

I laugh at her expression. She is so obnoxious.

"It was really nice talking to you 3. We gotta go and celebrate!" Normàn said waving

"Yeah! Congrats you guys!" I say talking Normàn's hand

Brittany was faning herself with her diploma and said "Okayyy! Bye guys!!"

Same with Jessica and Hailey that also wave.

********************************
3rd person POV

The rest of the day went well! Ray was completely exhausted by the 1,000 pictures that Isabella took with him and his friends including Norman.

The after party was so much fun! Some of Ray's family came over to celebrate. But he made sure to act like he and Norman were just friends....yes just friends

After the party, Emma, Gilda, Don, Martha and Nate said their goodbyes around 10:00 and left.

Don ended up introducing himself to Martha. Martha was very happy when meeting him and they ended up planning a date.

Martha said in her head "Yesss!!! I'm finally not single! Now I get to join the taken gang!"

"Soooo.... have any plans for college??" Norman asked Ray

"Uhhmm...I don't know. I'm still going to continue working. I might study abroad. But I'm not going to college here. It's going to be overseas... but I don't even know about that yet. But I'll be going to a two year college. I'm planning to do mechanical engineering" Ray said cleaning up some of the confetti that was on the floor

"Ooohhh~ mechanical engineering! That sounds so cool! You will definitely get a lot of money from that. I'm excited for you!" Norman said smiling big

"Awww..Thank you baby!" Ray said kissing Norman's cheek

"You're welcome." Norman said kissing back.

To be continued