Chapter 1

(This is the third book, if you haven't already, read the first book Primalcraft Scourge of the Wolf and Primalcraft, Sins of Bygone Days first. There is also two sidestories of the Primalcraft series on my Patreon site, called Premonitionof What to Come and Misdeed of Youth. The first book has also been published both as Ebook and as pocket.)

The warmth hit the green hills as the sun for the last week of the summer had been excruciating. The workers had come and gone, as they rushed to convert the old dormitories to suitable accommodations for something other than cockroaches.

Today though was filled with the usual weather of Britain. Damp and rainy. Thunder rolled over the sky and the wind blew, making the windows shake. A white-haired boy, holding a white and brown rabbit, looked out the window at the people rushing in to start the new year. Many of them were nervous, not ready to step inside what before had been forbidden ground.

Looking at the girls, lost and anxious, Blake hit Jaxon over the head as his boyfriend yawned. "Look alert! This is an important day."

"Why? It's just the students returning from their families."

Blake pouted and pointed at the placard he had made on the previous night. Jaxon looked far from eager when he grabbed onto it. The words welcome to Vale academy were written with large capitals.

"The girls need to be properly welcomed. They must feel so out of place and I do not trust you and your team to make them feel welcomed."

Jaxon narrowed his beautiful blue eyes, making Blake's heart skip a beat, as he perused him. Blake just ignored the obvious suspicion in his eyes.

"Why are you so eager to welcome the girls?"

Blake started to blush, fidgeting with his shirt while avoiding Jaxon's face. An act, Blake could see, that only made him sourer. "I just feel sorry. It cannot be easy with the tension being what they are. The shifters in the all-girl school were thrown out from the witches' territory and those witches who argued against it were banished. Now they all have to come here to an all-boys school and it must be hard."

The tall Alex came up beside Jaxon. Looking like a stick compared to Jaxon's muscly built while Alex was more in line with his Chinese heritage and had a lean body though he had his British father's tall length. His colored white hair, something he did to make Blake feel better about his own, stood on end in what he called a fashionable style. To Blake, it just looked spiky like he had just got out of bed. Considering how much Alex slept, that was not an impossibility. Alex clicked his tongue, as he read the placard and cocked an eyebrow at Jaxon. "Are you that eager to greet the girls?"

"It belongs to Blake! I'm just forced to carry it," Jaxon muttered. As Alex's eyes turned to Blake, his cheek became even warmer.

"I just want them to feel welcomed."

"Sure, you do. And this has nothing to do with that you are a lone hedgewitch trying to gather all hedgewitches into a group," Alex looked out the window at the girls running inside to avoid the rain. "And now an entire heap of hedgewitches is coming to Vale Academy, just waiting to join your activist group."

"Yep, that did it," Blake thought as he felt his face heat out of guilt enough that you could fry an egg on it. Jaxon frowned as he processed what Alex just said before his face brightened.

"Oh! You just want to lure some witches into your new club."

"It's not a club," Blake pouted.

"You are gathering each Friday night to drink tea and discuss magic. That is a club, mate," Alex reminded Blake as they all went down to welcome the new students.