Chapter 16

The teams were quiet, Mya stood before them. Drinking hot chocolate while smiling at the teams and the three adults who were supposed to handle the teams. All were dripping wet and shuddering while they all waited for the clearly angry Mya to speak. She just sipped her chocolate, giving that creepy smile.

Alex really wanted to dry himself up but something told him that Mya would not let him, not until she was satisfied. He could handle it, but he worried for the witches in the teams. He glanced over at Blake only to freeze in place, his eyes going wide.

"Bloody hell!" Where Blake once had stood were now a pile of rabbits in every color imaginable. Coney stood at the top like a king giving orders to what seem to be his brothers and sisters to ensure what Alex assumed was Blake, would be kept warm.

"Are you okay in there, Blake?" Mya chippered, a hint of worry glinted in her eyes but it vanished as Blake waved his hands to signal he was okay. Her eyes turned to Elliott, Freya, and Kai who's heads were drooping.

"What have you learned today?" Mya asked, her voice sharp despite the smile on her face.

"Bloody hell, she's scary," thought Alex, shivering from something other than the cold.

"To not cheat," Elliott muttered.

"And?"

"And not act like kindergarteners," Freya said, glancing at the side when Mya's eyes turned to her.

"Good, now get into the tents and warm yourself up before you become ill. We have plenty of warm chocolate so don't be shy," Mya let them pass and all of them stumbled over each other to run into the tent.

She then turned to Blake, or what was supposed to be Blake, with a frown on her face. "Why are there so many rabbits here?"

Blake was finally able to get his head out from the pile of fur, his face red with the effort, and shrugged. "Before I knew that the principal had arranged the swift racing, I thought about opening a stand where you could pet rabbits. Coney was so excited that he invited half his family to participate."

"Half?" Alex muttered staring at what must be at least hundreds of rabbits.

"Yeah, they are a tad overbearing," Blake muttered trying to disengage from the pile of fur. "And now I don't know what to do with them."

"We can still arrange the stand if you are willing to attend to it. There are a lot of younger children here who would love to play with the rabbits," Mya said helping Blake out by lifting some of the rabbits off him.

Blake let out a sigh of relief when finally free, Coney still sitting on his head though, before giving her a smile. "I would love to. They were very excited when they heard they would be petted. I didn't want to disappoint them."

Alex just shook his head, as he watched Mya help Blake inside a warm tent currently empty to help him set up his stand. Looking around, Alex noticed that most people had already settled down. Haley had found Hamish and was warming him up, while Aeron and Erin sat beside them laughing. Dale had found Leon and was blushing as Leon put a blanket around him. Someone is trying to cuddle up to their mentor.

Jaxon had rushed after Blake, while Elliott, Freya, and Kai were sitting bitterly under blankets with hot chocolate, pondering their mistakes.

Alex's eyes searched for his own warm blanket, but his Frenchman was nowhere to be seen.

"Joshua? Have you seen Hadrien?" Alex asked as Hadrien's brother walked toward Elliott. Joshua looked around, his forehead frowning.

"Non... Stay here and get yourself some dry clothes. I will look for le sot," Joshua gave Alex his chocolate and walked off, his nose clearly working overtime to catch the trace of his brother in the myriad of people.