Chapter 12

Glazing a few times at Alex, who just waved him off, Blake finally ran out of their dorm. He ran over to the art guild, going into a classroom currently not in use. As he entered, he saw a red hair guy, he knew as Dale, sitting by a desk, talking to Leon who was as calm and collected as always. He gave Blake one of his charming gentlemen smiles and gestured for him to sit down by a desk close by the board.

"I was surprised when I heard you were still in school, considering that you were a second-year last year," Blake said.

Leon chuckled," Yes, officially I have graduated, but Vale academy along with Elan academy has a special "study" year for witches. It allows us to be hired as mentors who are supposed to teach the younger generation about magic. This year, many of us are suppose to teach the basics to shifters as well so many stayed behind to earn some money before we move on."

"I thought Dale was the only one who would be taught magic."

"Yes, he is the only one who wants to be taught to use magic. The others are just being taught to recognize it and defend against it naturally."

"Hide in a car?" Blake asked, smirking at Leon's surprised expression. "Jaxon's mother Mya told me."

Leon chuckled," I can see entire lessons being dedicated to witches throwing spells at shifters who are supposed to run and hide in cars."

"So, are we going to be taught more fire magic?"

Leon shook his head," No, I along with the other teachers have been discussing the matter. Many have years of experience but you two are complete novices. We have allowed you to jump ahead but all that has resulted in is-"

Grabbing onto Blake's hair, Blake couldn't help but to flush in shame. "-to allow you to stumble on basic magic. When Dale here came forward, requesting to learn magic. We decided that a novice class needed to exist and I volunteered to teach it."

"Which means?" Blake asked, but Dale just rolled his eyes.

"It means that we are practically children who need to be taught how to read and spell."

"He has a point. I have tested Dale on his knowledge and he has some basic ones, far more than you do-" Blake grimaced when he heard Leon's words. It seems that Dale already was a step ahead of him. "But I still think that it's better to be taught as a witch not gain knowledge as an outsider.

All that said, Leon cleared his throat. "So, have you figured out the deal with the words spoken in spells?

"Mirrored incantation," Dale said with a shrug, and Blake glared at him. Showoff, though he had no idea what that meant.

"Exactly, an incantation needs to be mirrored in order to work properly. It can work with focus and a lot of power if you say the word in the correct order but it will not be as strong as if you mirror the word," Leon pulled out a candle, putting it on the table.

"For example, arsi."

Nothing seems to happen, "That was the Latin word for fire. Now, let me mirror it."

"Isra."

The candle lit up. "See? Why do we need to mirror the words?"

Blake wanted to slam his head down on the table when he heard Dale reply. Is he the only one who is clueless? How is Dale a novice?

"Because magic comes from a mirrored world. One at the opposite of ours. By mirroring the words it allows us to summon magic."

"Exactly, but it doesn't work with every language," Leon blew out the candle and stepped back.