Chapter 29

His eyes still honed in on the khadga. He knew what he needed to do. It was time. When he had turned to an archon, he not only gained his father's powers but also pieces of his knowledge. He knew what he was and what he could do. What he had to do.

"Please, let me have the khadga," he said, handing out his hand to Elyon who watched him. For some reason, Blake had a feeling that Ahriman had exaggerated Elyon's threat. He was powerful without a doubt, but didn't seem hostile. In fact, he almost seemed... adoring.

Elyon let out a sigh, like it was all a bother but still handing him the khadga. A slight smile on his face like he was pleased Blake had spoken to him.

"Don't give him that! It is a dark artifact!" Ahriman hissed but his brother just ignored him. Looking even more pleased that Ahriman disagreed with his decision. Two of the most powerful beings in the world are acting like five-year-old brothers and they say Blake was a problem.

Blake took a deep breath, feeling the energy from the khadga. He closed his eyes, feeling his mind reaching across the realms. Opening them he saw the horned druid bowing their head and pointing toward the dark spot and then at Blake's shoes.

Removing his shoes, hearing the disagreeing sigh from Jaxon, Blake walked over to the dark spot with the khadga roughly gripped between his fingers. The cold didn't bother him, and he just walked feeling the dark magic seep into him. It was like it was drawn to him, wanting to defile him. He knew why, and he knew that he wouldn't let it.

Turning around, meeting Jaxon's bemused gaze for a second. Feeling the warmth from the love he felt, and the promise that he would never let anything happen to him, Blake reached out to the source of his power.

Though time and space, through realms above realms. He reached and finally arrived. A dark void, seemingly devouring all life put also giving life. The source of all magic and energy. Khaos, the first Anterion. No mind or emotions came out of the black void. Only pure power, and Blake closed his eyes, letting it devour him.

The dark magic in the glade was amalgamated by him. Dark veins grew across his skin as he devoured the magic. The dark veins grew towards his heart, his source, trying to defile him. Devour him.

Pain echoed through every nerve in his body, but Blake didn't budge. He opened his eyes, facing a mirage in the void. Once it might have been human. Now its skin was dark grey, cracking by the seams. Dark veins adorned every part of the skin, and the head was filled with long grey hair. A mouth filled with fangs that dripped black blood, and eyes that were nothing but black void. Black inky tears seemed to drip from them, but that was no tears. It was only the taint coming of the archon to defile all it touched. A long, snakelike tongue game out, licking the creature's lips.

"Hello, Zarazen," Blake said. His voice echoed in the void, no fear crossed his face. He knew Zarazen wasn't actually there. He was no longer Heka, Anterion of Magic, so he could no longer enter Khaos.

"Finally, after all these years. I thought Khaos wouldn't dare give birth to a new Heka, but you have finally come into your fleshy skin. Ready to discard it and sacrifice yourself for the world," Zarazen chuckled. His long bony fingers reached out but could not even come close to Blake.

"Such as cruel fate. Your father must be beyond grief. Archons cannot have children born from them, no matter how much they might wish for some. Elyon tried when he created the Seraphims. Only to make them obedient servants to him. Then he created Adam and Eve out of clay, the first golems but they turned away from their father, hating him for not being true humans. Then you came along, born from Ahriman. His bliss must be unrivaled, only to find out that you are Heka and your destiny is to die."