Chapter 5

(A picture of Lachlan Raine, the witchhunter. Enjoy the chapter!)

The Monday was cold, the morning dew adorned the leaves as the air seemed heavy with moisture. Blake sneezed, curling up against Coney who sniffed the air, as they walked toward the new Price mansion. Soon he saw Mya Price, waving happily in a knitted shirt, ready with cups of warm chocolate.

"Sorry for being late," Blake said, panting as he rushed over. He put down Coney that started to skip off, nibbling on grass.

"You are right on time, silly! Besides, I'm the mother of three sons. Do you think I am not used to boys being late?" Mya chippered handing him a cup.

"Where are we going?"

"Nowhere, our yard will do well. Normally, it would have been better to do this on a mountain or by some cliffs, but there are none so I have prepared this," Mya pulled out a small vial, with a green fluid. "I had to make it for this occasion."

"What is it?"

"An old trick. I will tell you later but it is better if you don't know the trick beforehand," Mya winked at him handing him the vial.

"So I will need to drink it?" Blake asked.

"Yes, in order for you to go through the wind trial so that the wind spirit can give their mark, you will have to drink it. Fair warning though, it tastes horrible."

Putting the cup of chocolate away, Blake opened the vial.

"Wait!" Mya pulled out a blanket and put a pillow on it. She patted it to make a point. Blake laid down, drinking the potion and closing his eyes.

His breath became slow, his heart almost still as he fell into what he first assumed was sleep, but then everything went silent before a choir of sound reached his ears. He opens his eyes to stare up at a dim sky. The wind started to howl at him, as he with wide as stared at his surroundings. He was at a plateau, high in the stormy sky.

"Mya?" Blake screamed against the wind. It whipped his face, he had assumed it was a dream but the wind hurt and he could feel the cold spread through his body.

"I'm here Blake," Mya's voice said, her tone calming. "You are not alone."

"What am I doing here?"

"This is the Wind Trial, you will need to get to the ground."

Frowning, Blake pushed himself toward the edge only to scurry off when all he saw were clouds.

"I cannot, there is no way down. I think the plateau is floating," Blake screamed back.

"There is a way down, you will need to jump," Mya said. Blake's eyes widen, jump. Then this must be a dream. Going towards the edge, he took a deep breath and looked down. Paling, he scurried off when vertigo hit him. Fear dripped through his every nerve.

"I can't," Blake felt tears stream down his cheeks.

"Calm yourself," whispered someone, a familiar voice. Whose voice was that? Blake knew it but could not place it.

"Blake, can you hear me?" Mya asked, but Blake could barely hear her. Her voice was more of an echo, slowly fading off.

"Let go. Let go of the fear, who you are. Feel the wind, become one with it."

Blake closed his eyes. "Breathe."

"I know you," Blake whispered.

A chuckle replied, "As I know you. Now jump!"

Opening his eyes, Blake ran, not wanting to regret this. He threw himself off the cliff, tears streaming down his face as the wind dried up his eyes. He fell through the clouds, not halting in his descend. A burning sensation erupted from his palm and looking at it, he noticed a rune glowing on his palm, looking like a spiral. Before he could process the development, he felt his body become the wind. Flying over the clouds, the sky was his to venture.