Chapter 9

Opening the door, Jaxon stared at the scene in front of him with something close to bafflement and a hint of horror. Ahriman was holding onto his stomach while laughing his ass off on Alex's bed, Blake was waving around his hand with tears in his eyes while Coney was nibbling everywhere he could reach.

"Focus, Blake!" the little rabbit huffed, biting his foot as Blake sat down on his bed with his legs crossed.

"I can't!" Blake sniffled, pouting his mouth while trying to meditate.

"You can! You just aren't focusing enough," Coney replied with another bite.

"What are you doing?" asked Jaxon who truly wanted to shut the door again.

"Blake has gotten an assignment from his Primalcraft teacher to meditate even when he is disturbed," Ahriman replied, wiping his eyes. Jaxon just stared at the scene, even his wolf was unsure how to react when Blake's tear-filled eyes looked at him, begging Jaxon to save him.

"Well, I think he needs a break," Jaxon finally said, lifting the struggling rabbit who was still in sergeant mode.

"No breaks until he can meditate even when being bitten!"

Jaxon didn't even listen and just threw out the angry rabbit and the laughing Archon from the room.

"There are condoms in the drawer!" was the last thing Jaxon heard from Ahriman before he slammed the door close in his face.

"We don't need those," Blake hollered back.

"Safety first!"

Jaxon just decided to ignore the comments and went over to Blake with worried eyes darting over the bites. "Was that really necessary?"

"Coney thought it would be a great way to train me to not be affected by outside disturbances," Blake muttered, allowing Jaxon to pull out bandages in the drawers. They were just under a back of condoms with a large standard on the box and a note with the words "Jaxon's size" scribbled onto it with a winking smiley face beside it. How would Ahriman know his size? Then Jaxon couldn't help but to look down towards his groin. Was he only standard?

"What are you doing?" Blake's voice pulled Jaxon out of his thoughts and with a flinch he closed the drawer, never to think about it again.

"Nothing, I mean-" He cleared his thought. "Why where you training?"

"Apparently, it is to allow me to astral project naturally. I have previously had to use a strange concussion and a ritual to send my essence into the spiritual world, but-" Blake's face grew dim. "I really want to avoid that rubbish again; my eyes are still hurting after the last time."

Jaxon frowned, remembering the time Blake had laid in the circle with Coney's blood on him. He had never asked for the details, knowing that he wouldn't like it, but he sure was curious. "This would allow you to do it naturally?"

"Yes, meditating takes a longer time than making rituals but it doesn't have as many side effects such as mistakenly not being able to locate your physical body. Doing it naturally would allow me to always be tethered to my body, so my spirit can always return to it," Blake explained, grimacing as Jaxon slapped a bandage on the wounds. "Of course, it is very hard to do since even the smallest disturbance would send me out of the state needed to astral project."

"Which is why you train?" Jaxon asked.

"Exactly."

"Why not just do something such as playing loud music or slamming the door?"

"..."

One look at Blake's grim face told Jaxon it was time to let this go. "Are you going to enter the spirit realm soon?"