Chapter 17

"It's becoming more important than ever that we get into that vault. Not only because of this khadga of Kali they intend to use but also to see if they are using other artifacts from the vault," Elliott said.

"Has Pyramus been able to identify the artifacts which had been used?" asked Hadrien.

"No, but he still thinks he can lift the curse with a bit of time."

Jaxon glanced over at Hadrien. He had expected him to look overjoyed but he merely looked grim, like he had no faith in the dark arts teacher.

"How will we break into the vault?" asked Alex, looking over at Leon.

"We have conducted a plan which is dependent on Blake's skill with opening portals to another world. We cannot enter through our world but if we go to the spirit world then Crann Eolais have promised Blake that he will allow them to enter."

"I'm surprised that the spirit of Crann Eolais would allow us to enter," Elliott admitted, clearly suspicious of the spirit. Jaxon understood why. The only spirits the shifters handled is the animal spirits and they are very territorial.

"It's Blake. Spirits love him," Leon said with a shrug and Blake blushed, looking rather happy with his contribution. "We intend to execute this on 31 October. That's when Samhain begins and the barrier between worlds is at its weakest. It will help us enter the spirit world more easily and safer."

"I'm guessing we can't access the artifact from the spirit world," Alex said. "That sounds too easy."

"No, the inside of Crann Eolais is a dimension outside the spirit world. The moment the spirit lets us enter, we will be visible to all people. We hedgewitches-" Jaxon noticed that Blake looked happy when Leon called himself a hedgewitch, he still seemed a bit unsure to do so but it seemed to be easier for him now than before," have constructed medallions that can hide the appearance of those that go in but there are certain requirements that need to be met."

"Such as?"

"The medallions don't really transform the carrier as transformation magic will be nullified when we enter, but I know enough of the magic of Crann Eolais to know ways to pass such securities. This medallion is more of an illusion, hiding a person true appearance and removing them from the viewers' attention but only if the person doesn't look too close and most of all if the person doesn't know their appearance."

"Doesn't your mother know pretty much all of us?" asked Jaxon, not liking where this is going.

"She will most likely not be there, and the other witches shouldn't know all of our appearance at heart. That said, there is a reason why I will not go in with you," Leon admitted. "We will need to choose people who the witches won't know."

"That would pretty much be shifters then," Alex concluded. "I'm guessing I will go."

"That is our intention. I thought that you and Jaxon should go, but you will need a witch and I and Blake are too well known in witch community. I have instructed Dale in magic and intend to send him with you."

"Dale?" Jaxon said incredulously, not thinking the red-haired delta would be of much help but one glare from his brother ensured that he wouldn't argue with that decision.

"I would also like to come," a voice suddenly said from behind them. Wallace had just entered the office looking a bit sheepish. "The door was opened and I overheard you. I have wanted to help since I got here but didn't know how. I have experience with magic and am trained to recognize different magic and how to break them. I previously worked for a coven removing spells from objects which should come in handy."