Chapter 4

(The picture is of Wallace Gladstone, enjoy chapter 4!)

"In here!" chippered Mya from the kitchen. Blake followed Jaxon, still a bit uncertain of his place in the household as they walked into the kitchen. Joanne sat by the counter, her belly round, showing her pregnant state. Blake tried not to stare at what she was eating convincing himself that it wasn't ice cream with salted pickles. That must have tasted horrible.

Turning toward the smiling Mya, who gave them some newly baked cookies, Blake asked. "Mr. Price said you wanted to speak with me, Ms. Price."

"Mya, dear. You can call us Mya and Owen," Mya said, smiling brightly. "Yes, I wanted to speak to you about your classes."

"Is something wrong?"

"No, dear. I have just spoken to Elliott and we will replace some of your classes with magic lessons instead to speed up your education. Among others, we planned to remove P.E, History, and Computing. Instead, you will learn Primalcraft with Denesha Pinder, Cainen will teach you water magic and I will teach you Wind. After classes, you will learn Dark Magic with Pyramus on Mondays, and on Tuesdays and Wednesdays you will continue your studies in Arcane Magic with Ciaran McGreine."

"Don't I need those lessons to pass school?"

"That is why we need to go over this with you. We plan to remove those classes for you but officially you will take them on paper and we will give a passing grade. You already have high enough grades in those classes to make it seem legit, but you need more magic classes with the incoming dangers and we thought this was the best way to do so."

"What about art?"

"Since that seems to be your main interest, we haven't removed it. If you one day want to study art on a higher level, you will need it. Besides, art is a form of magic in itself. You'll learn to control magic when you paint, each stroke teaches you how much to apply. I think it will be good for you," Mya stopped her explanation. "Is this fine with you?"

"Absolutely," Blake said with a bright smile. "I love to learn more magic."

"And you can get out of P.E with Kai," Jaxon chuckled.

"I'm sure Kai will miss you," Mya said, her eyes twinkling brightly at Blake's stiff smile. Considering that Coach Kai's last comment on P.E was that he had seen retired turtles who are quicker than him, Blake was eager to get out of P.E.

"Well, it's not certain you will be able to learn wind and water magic, but we want to test you to see if it is possible. Otherwise, we plan on replacing those lessons with other magic lessons. I can teach you some Natural magic, and maybe Cainen can teach you some Illusions magic," Mya pondered, more to herself than to Blake. "Either way, we first have to put you through the elemental trials and then start to train you. You will start next week with me. Meet me here, we cannot use the covens training room so we will have to do it the old way. In nature."

Smiling, they said goodbye. Blake sending Joanne one last glance, suddenly noticing the glowing strands of fate around her. One was very faint, flickering like a dying light... and it seems to come from the unborn child.

*****

"Are you sure?" asked Alex, sniffing the morning air. The cold was still laying over the valley from the night, and mist concealed the forest, sneaking in between the branches. His instinct was on high alert, scraping on his mind, telling him to run.

"Yes, one of ours went out and didn't come back," Hadrien said, looking around. Elliott had sent some wolves along with them, but none of them didn't catch any scent other than the lost pack member.