Ten

thank you for nearly 100 reads❤️

As the night begins to envelope our lovers in it's moonlit sky, they are in the bathtub discussing life and their biggest fears.

Basking in the serenity that followed their evening together, Harry and Anna were sharing a bath - their bodies intertwined under the purple foamy water. Anna was sat at one end with Harry sitting in between her legs, slightly reclined with his head resting on her chest.

He was looking out of the skylight above feeling totally serene and at peace. Like he could lay there forever, legs intertwined with his lover, drowning in her scent, listening to her melodic voice and caressing her soft skin. She smelled like violets and peaches, her presence felt like a daydream that he didn't want to wake up from.

"Harry," Anna whispered, tapping his finger.

"Yeah?" He jumped slightly, pulled from his thoughts.

"I said, would you like to visit my family's orchard tomorrow with me?" Anna repeated, tracing shapes on his stomach while she rested her chin on his shoulder.

"I'd love to," he said.

"I'd go anywhere with you." He followed his answer up and he felt her cheek warm up his shoulder.

"You're the best." She told him and used her index finger to turn his head to face her so she could peck his lips.

"Mmm. Do it again." He mumbled and jutted his lips out in preparation.

"Ah, my belissimo girasole, so demanding." She teased with a laugh but did fulfil his request.

"I like you a lot," Anna bravely stated, face inches away from his - anticipating his response. His eyes shot open quickly in surprise before a grin was plastered on it.

"I really like you too." He assured her, which made her smile in turn.

"How long do you think you'll stay in Italy?" She asked him, this question being one that had been on her mind since their first date. Wondering where it would go - and inevitably where it would end.

Harry sighed, knowing the question would eventually be asked - just not expecting it so soon.

"Till the end of August." He answered reluctantly, which was hard for Anna to swallow down. Less than a month left with the man of her dreams.

"I'm back in November for a week or so, though." He added, as if it would make a difference.

"Three and a half weeks." Anna whispered, it was enough to upset them both.

"I know." He answered sadly.

"I really like you." She repeated her earlier statement.

"I really like you." He repeated, unsure where this conversation would lead to now.

"I understand if you would want to end things now, to not get hurt..." he told her sadly.

"No way." She scowled.

"We may only have this time left, but we'll make it count." She tried to convince them both, but internally she was feeling upset. It would be selfish for her to try and convince him to stay in Italy. Just for her.

"Can any of your work be done remotely?" She asked curiously.

"Some aspects of it, but the next year of my work is going to be spent on the road." He answered as honestly as he could, he desperately wanted to tell her the truth about him, but it was like he was tongue tied. The words couldn't come out.

I'm a singer. I have a worldwide tour beginning in September, that's why I have to leave.

That's what he wanted to tell her.

Come with me?

That's what he wanted to ask her. But he didn't.

"Sounds very exciting." She commented, trying to be happy for him but she also knew how crushed she would feel in just a few weeks, as her feelings would only grow.

"It is. Italy is my favourite though, heard there's a really beautiful woman named Anna that lives there..." he told her, trying to lighten the mood so she played along.

"I wonder where you heard that, never heard of Anna." She joked, and grabbed her sponge and shower gel to rub some on Harry's skin.

"Really? Maybe you've seen her before. She's got the most incredible smile, gorgeous brown eyes, the most beautiful, soft tanned skin, need I go on?" He asked, his compliments were genuinely bringing tears to her eyes.

"Maybe I could visit you, have a little holiday to wherever you are in the world." Anna suggested out of the blue, which made Harry's heard skip a beat.

"That would be amazing." He breathed, his heartbeat quickening at the prospect of this not being over in three and a half short weeks.

"With my new position I could get travel time under the guise of an inspirational trip." Anna was thinking out loud, maybe things could work out.

Except Harry still hadn't told his secret.

They bathed together for a while longer, just sharing each others company. Neither of them brought up their demise again.

"What's your biggest fear?" Harry asked when they climbed out, wrapping a towel around his waist. Cooper - Anna's cat had come to join them in the bathroom, his tail brushing around Harry's ankles.

"My biggest fear?" Anna asked rhetorically as she became deep in thought.

"Probably losing someone that I love. My nonno has been sick on and off for a while, so I am worried about him." Anna admits, thinking about her nonno, Gio, who had been so sick a few years ago and then recovered and had recently began to decline in health again.

"Wow, I hope he recovers soon." Harry said, wrapping her towel around her and tucking it under her armpits.

"Me too. What's your biggest fear, girasole?" She asked him, trying to deflect.

"Probably losing everything I've worked toward and like you - losing a loved one. My stepfather is very unwell at the moment - nothing the doctors can do though." Harry told her, in a moment of vulnerability.

"Oh, Harry.." she whispered and engulfed him in a hug. He squeezed her tightly and he tried not to let any tears slip out. He hadn't thought about his step father for a few days - it hurt too much to know that he wouldn't be with him at some point. Partly why he escaped to Italy, to escape from life.

"Let's watch a movie and drink wine." He suggested, his voice muffled in her shoulder which made her laugh.

"Sounds like a plan." She mumbled back, pressing a kiss to his cheek as they pulled away from the hug.

So that's what they did, curled up on Anna's bed, with Cooper perched at the end (yet returning to them for head scratches and belly rubs). They painted each others nails with a silver nail polish Anna found in her bedside drawer, shared a bottle of Merlot and watched Breakfast at Tiffanys.

It was the most amazing, loving night either of them had ever had.

L'Amore Sboccia

~~~