Twenty-Six

Two Weeks Later

MID-SEPTEMBER 2017

Not a single text, or a call.

Both Harry and Anna were waiting for the other to reach out. Harry didn't know that Anna had tried to call his missing phone, Anna didn't realise that Harry had tried to message her on Instagram.

They had both been doing their own things, down separate paths - but both had the same feeling and want for some closure.

Harry's stepfather, Paul, had - by some miracle - stabilised once again and actively encouraged Harry to continue on with his tour. His family were also encouraging him to go back and see Anna.

He had spent the last two weeks cementing his tour schedule with Mallory, rehearsing, he didn't have long at all until he was on tour.
~~~

"She doesn't want to see me." He had told them, showing them the messages he had sent and the lack of response to them.

"She hasn't even opened them." His sister argued, pointing to the lack of a read receipt.

"Maybe she just wants a clean break." Harry swiped off the phone and huffed as he was met with his background which was a cropped version of the photo Anna's sister posted.

"I doubt it," Anne spoke softly, her hand resting on his shoulder.

"From what you've told us about her, she doesn't sound like the kind of person who would just cut you off like that." She tried to assure him but he was stubbornly set in his mindset that she was done with him.

"Do you have the contact details of any of her family?"

"No. I lost it all when-" Harry suddenly had an epiphany and went back onto his Instagram to find Sophie's account.

~~~

Anna had spent the last two weeks throwing herself into work, finding that spark again. Already, her and the team had created some ideas and samples for the upcoming season. She hadn't had a spare minute to spend waiting by her phone for a call that never came.

Her family had came to stay with her for a few days, mostly to help oversee the orchard while she was swamped at work. On the last day they stayed in Rome, Sophie insisted that Anna went on a walk with her around the orchard before they left. She had no idea what was waiting for her.

~~~

"What's your favourite berry?" Sophie asked, picking raspberries off the branches and collecting them in her basket.

"Probably raspberries." Anna mused, plucking her own from the branch and filling Sophie's basket.

"Did you know that bananas are berries?" She asked Sophie who stopped to stare at her with a strange expression. 

"Really?" She asked, to which Anna nodded.

"No way. You know the weirdest stuff, Anna!" Sophie laughed,  before pulling out her phone to type something.

"Do you know what I really want to take home, actually?" Sophie spoke excitedly and started walking in the direction of the sunflower clearing.