Twelve

Anna and Harry were sat next to each other on one side of her families dining table at the orchard, with Anna's parents opposite them and Anna's sister sat to the left of her on the side of the table. The energy in the air was interesting to say the least.

Harry was sat stiffly on one of the wooden chairs, incredibly nervous to be in the company of Anna's family unexpectedly - he didn't want to do anything to embarrass himself or her. Anna was trying to stay calm, despite the fact she was freaking out internally and had a hand on Harry's thigh to try and ease his nerves as she could see he looked uncomfortable.

Anna's sister, Sophie looked bored as she scrolled through her phone aimlessly - but every now and again lifting her eyes to squint at Harry. She was curious as he looked familiar, but she didn't know why. Sophie had never left Italy before so how would she have ever met an English man. Luckily for her, Harry hadn't noticed the strange looks from Sophie.

Anna's mother and father both had differing expressions, her fathers was soft and welcoming as he made small talk with them all and served the food he had prepared. However, her mother had a similar expression to Sophie as she eyed the couple up. She was a bit peeved at Anna for not informing her about Harry, she felt disconnected. But more than anything; she was curious about who the handsome man was that had swept her daughter off her feet.

"So Harry," Anna's mother, Isabelle began, with pursed lips which made Anna shoot her a death glare. She lowered her teacup to the table with a fake smile plastered on her face.

"How did you meet our Angelica?" She asked, clasping her hands together - eyes brimmed with pure curiosity. This question had gained everyone's attention as they all stared at Harry, waiting for him to talk. But he was more confused about Anna being named Angelica. He made a mental note to ask her when they were alone.

"Uh, I mean... I actually bumped into her while I was running, sent all her fabrics flying by accident. Not the best way to meet, I suppose." He explained, linking his hand with Anna's to squeeze nervously under the table.

"Wow! What an impression." Anna's father, Arnold laughed, which everyone joined in with but Anna's mother was still on edge.

"When did that happen? Was it fabric from Ambrose's?" Sophie now piped up, looking up from her phone in interest.

"Probably almost a month ago now. Yes it was fabric from Ambrose, you'll have to go and visit him while you are here. He misses you guys." Anna explains, and she realises that she has known Harry for almost a month, which wasn't long. But her feelings toward him were undeniable and she didn't want their summer to end.

"Cazzo! Not the fabric from Ambrose's!" Sophie exclaimed, looking at Harry in shock with wide eyes.

"Don't worry, Soph. I called him a stronzo at the time." Anna chuckled, Harry just sat with a small smile on his face.

"Language, girls." Anna's mother snapped her fingers once which made both of the girls exchange a look and try to suppress their laughter. It had been a while since they had been around each other and although they bickered, they really had soft spots for each other.

"Let's stop grilling the poor couple and eat our food before it goes cold." Anna's father suggests, which they very are very thankful for. The conversations seemed a little lighter since then, each of them holding little conversations with each other and getting to know Harry well - so by the time the evening was over he felt very comfortable with her family and had heard many a story about Anna.

He had learned that she once had an extremely rebellious phase when she was Sophie's age, where she cut her once long hair into a short choppy lob and bleached it in the bathroom at school. She listened to only metal music and was a self proclaimed 'strana-regazza' (strange girl) who didn't want to fit in and was convinced it wasn't a phase. Which, spoiler - it was. Anna was very embarrassed by some of the tales her family had told but also felt very warm inside as she looked at Harry laughing with her family, included in the jokes, fitting in perfectly.