Epilogue

Anna's POV

Summer of 2021 - Four Years Later

It's been four years since the last time I saw your face. I still remember the heart crushing feeling I felt when I entered your apartment to see it barren of all things you, that note you left. I understand it wasn't your fault, you were needed by your manager - and couldn't undo the commitments you had made. But you could've contacted me in the last four years, Harry.

I could've contacted you too, though.

I could've messaged or called you to tell you I changed my mind, that I wanted to go with you. Instead, I moved on and thrust myself into my work instead. I often wonder what would've happened if I had done that, how things would've worked out. I just figured, if it was meant to be - we'd find our way back.

But pondering gets you nowhere.

All I have left of the summer - and our relationship, and is my memories and a photo album.

I heard one of your songs on the radio the other day, it was called Sunflower Vol. 6. It's actually my favourite one. I wondered if you finally figured out what girasole meant, or if it was a coincidence. Either way, it was a beautiful song which prompted me to listen to your albums again.

Which is what I am doing now, while making a custom suit. It's black satin material with a golden sequinned trim, it made me think of you after seeing some photos of you on stage a couple of weeks ago.

"I love this material, Ambrose." I gushed, stroking it with my index finger. Ambrose still sources the most incredible materials and I am so glad I hired him to work solely under my fashion house.

"It is just excellent isn't it?" He chuckled, working on some beading for the front of the jacket. Ambrose has been a godsend in building my brand, having worked with all the biggest names in fashion - so knowing so much about what it takes to create a successful fashion brand.

He had also been a primary investor, believing in me and my journey so much that he invested a lot of money and time to help me - which I'll always be thankful for. We aren't the most famous name, but we are building momentum and getting ourselves known.

"This got posted through the door this morning, by the way." Ambrose said, nodding toward a thick cream-coloured envelope next to the sewing machine.

I read the front and it was handwritten, addressed to me. As it was handwritten, it was unlikely to be business related.

"Do I open it? What if it's something bad inside?" I asked, giving it a quick shake and patting the thick envelope.

"It just feels like paper." Ambrose clarified, and I didn't have to be told twice before I found myself curiously opening the envelope.

Immediately four things fell out; a note, a polaroid and two tickets to something. I picked up the note first.

••••

Anna,

Congratulations on opening your own fashion house! I am so proud of you, I knew you could do it.

I am in town for a show and reserved two tickets incase you wanted to come - I hope I see you there.

Lots of love,
Girasole. X