Nineteen

Authors note: UMMM 600 reads what???? thank you!

~~~

The bubble around our lovers has popped. No longer are they just Anna and Harry, having an incredible summer romance in Italy.

They are now 'Harry Styles, singer-songwriter and Angelica D'Angelo, fashion designer sharing a fleeting, passionate infatuation together in Italy'.

~ ~ ~

Anna woke up back in her bed, which was a surprise because the last thing she remembered was those awful comments and reading them in the dining room. Unless she was dreaming that?

Harry's arms were draped around her, holding her close and his head was tucked in the crook of her neck as he slept peacefully - light snores escaping his mouth. Anna wrapped hers around him too, holding him close as though he could disappear at any moment.

Her bedroom smelled like them this morning, the perfect mix of light violets and his warm, musky scent. She wanted to bottle it and keep it forever.

Harry stirred a little in his sleep, nuzzling his head further and groaning. Anna let out a light laugh.

"What are you laughing at?" He mumbled against her skin with humour in his tone. She traced circles into the back of his neck.

"You. You're so snuggly." She said which he then laughed at, sending vibrations through her body.

"Sorry. Love you." He said sweetly, moving his hands from her waist to her butt to give it a light squeeze.

"Harry!" She exclaimed with a giggle.

"At this hour of morning?" She teased him, which prompted him do it again.

"Any time of day." He confirmed, before looking up at her with a wink. They laughed together but then it drifted to comfortable silence.

"Are you okay?" He asked her, looking up through his eyelashes. This confirmed her thoughts, last night did happen.

"Yes." She lied; the words were still swirling through her head but talking to him was making her feel better. They were safe in their own little bubble when they were together in her cottage.

"Anna..." he trailed off, and rolled so he was fully on his stomach between her legs with his head resting on her stomach - which meant he had a clear view of her face.

"What?" She sighed. He knew. Of course he knew.

"Tell me what's on your mind, I'm a good listener." He encouraged her with a smile.

"I know you are," she smiled back but felt apprehensive to share her thoughts, even though she felt unequivocally comfortable in Harry's presence.

"Everything is on my mind. Us, my family, my job, the media, the comments.." she trailed off. Harry nodded.

"What do I do?" She asked herself rhetorically, repeating the question which had been swimming around her mind, out loud.

"You don't need to do anything," Harry murmured.

"All of this is my fault. I should have told you on our first date who I was, let you make the choice whether to keep seeing me knowing all this. I should've been more careful too, I didn't expect for there to be so many photographers in Italy." He explained.