best man

"What do you think you're doing?!" I glared at the laughing Lucas

"What? I was just telling them in advance!" I hit him with a pillow nearby

"Idiot! I bet they're already fighting for the Best Man right now!" I groaned, silently praying for the neos to not bother us about that topic... and most importantly, not make it a big deal.

"Well, wouldn't it be entertaining to watch?" Lucas beamed

"No way! They're all too competitive! Seeing them after each other's throats scare me most!"

"Chill, Dejun. They probably thought I was just joking. It's not like they're gonna magically appear on our door and bribe us." He laughed it off

Until we heard a doorbell echoed the room.

We both looked at each other, slowly reaching our way to the doorstep. As I glanced through the peephole, I suddenly want to turn away and never look back. Lucas saw my reaction so he quickly questioned.

"Who's there?"

"Lucas! Xiaojun! We brought you cookies!" Kun called from outside.

"Hurry! We got this ice cream from out of town! It will melt soon!" We heard Taeyong complain

"The dreamies bought you couple t-shirts and a baby sized shirt for Logan!" Mark said enthusiastically

"You've got to be kidding me... They're all here?!" Lucas' mouth went agape

-

"So... have you thought about it?" Johnny asked after a long conversation regarding the neo's out of town trip.

Everyone's eyes leaned on me and Lucas. By just looking at them, I can already tell what they're pointing at. Oh, Lord...

"About what?" Lucas asked while munching the cookies that the 127 brought.

"The Best Man in your wedding!" they all responded

I sent a quick glare at Lucas who is now choking on his food in surprise. See, I fucking told him! Didn't he see this coming?!

Thinking for a reason to avoid the question, I quickly replied in a disgust tone.

"You actually believed we're getting married?"

"Of course!" They all exclaimed without any doubt.

What the—

"Guys, I was just kidding! Are you all that gullible..." Lucas faked a disappointed look

"Nice try, but we already know the real tea. The source came from Xiaojun's mom. No excuses needed." Jaehyun smirked

"Yeah, Mama Xiao spilled the tea this time." Chenle agreed and everyone too.

"In Mama Xiao, we trust."

All of them started laughing at whoever remarked, while I keep figuring how the hell is this happening too fast that everyone's concern is now focusing on the Best Man of the wedding! How did the neos manage to arrive here so sudden despite knowing our situation in less than 10 minutes?

This is confusing the hell out of me!

"You know, she was so happy when she announced it to us. I had a feeling she have no clue about the situation. Didn't she know your fake engagement? Or she's just one of your shippers?" Taeyong asked with a hint of worry.

"M-my whole family didn't know about it along with our grandparents. Lucas' mom planned to tell the truth tonight but then, the elders arrived unexpectedly." I replied

"What's wrong with your grandparents knowing?" Jeno frowned in confusion

"They'll make our lives strict forever. Xiaojun and I both grew up in a family of entrepreneurs, and the business world is shit. We have to look after our reputation so we won't harm the family's name. The issue of Li Hua and I, plus the issue of Dejun and Yuqi are more than enough to make our grandparents land here to kick our asses, and that is the marriage." Lucas explained and everyone 'oohed' in response.

"I think you watched too many dramas. I grew up in a family of entrepreneurs too, but that doesn't happen to us?" Chenle raised his brow

"That's because grandpa Zhong is always unproblematic! He's cool and not strict, unlike ours." Lucas compared

"That's a very sad story, Lucas hyung... I even cried for you. So have you decided the Best Man of the wedding yet?" Haechan asked like that's the only thing he awaits to hear. The neos leaned their heads for the announcement.

"After all he said, you guys only focused on that? Aren't you gonna question how we feel?" I faked a disappointment to avoid that Best Man topic once again. They all sighed impatiently.

"We know you guys feel pressured and all, yet we can't do anything about it. Your grandparents already demanded a wedding and it won't surely go on without a Best Man!" Doyoung snapped

"What more do we need to know about your feelings?" Yangyang frowned

"Could it be there's something stopping you to continue the wedding? Does one of you have a girlfriend or what?" Mark suspected

"Oh, hell no! Don't ever think of having a mistress, you whores! Break up to whoever you're dating right now or else I'll break your bones!" Ten threatened. The neos suddenly glared at me and Lucas.

"I'm not dating anyone!" We objected in unison

"Then what's still bothering you?" Renjun asked

"I-I mean, this marriage will link us for the rest of our lives. We're gonna be a wedded couple in everyone's eyes. But how can I be sure that Lucas wants to be with someone else that's not me? How can I be sure that I want to be with someone that's not him?" I finally asked the question that I've been struggling to answer. Everyone went silent for a while.

"I may not have an answer but let me remind you again that there shouldn't be a mistress involved in this household." Ten strictly stated

Why is he so into this 'mistress' thingy?

We were just forced into this though... It's not as if Lucas and I like each other romantically to enjoy the situation. Don't we have the right to love someone that's in our hearts?

To think of it, having a mistress actually do make a point. Should I get Lucas one

"Honestly, I'm not interested of being into a relationship at the moment. I'm already busy with anything that's on my shoulders. That would be this wedding, basketball, and you and Logan. Taking care of a baby already takes up most of my time. I don't have the time to flirt," Lucas spoke then looked at me in the eyes.

"Jun, you don't have to worry about my relationship. I don't need to be with someone when I have you. So how about you? Don't you want to be with me?"

Somewhere in Mark Lee's mind:

"Oh dude, he's flirting."

ISTG THIS STORY CANT GET ANY SERIOUS LMAOOO 

hope you guys love the update !! <3