Papa and Daddy

Xiaojun's POV

"I don't need someone..."

"I have you..."

"Don't you want to be with me?"

I opened my eyes and inhaled a deep breath. Another dream of him again. I looked around and noticed that Logan is not beside me anymore. Lucas must have taken him as usual so he could enjoy his father-son bonding, they do it every morning like a ritual. I wonder when I will be a part of that ritual... To think of it, we've been spending less time together—the three of us.

There are times I almost get a heart attack whenever I suddenly see Lucas' posts in my timeline of the two of them enjoying their moment together. A normal picture of them has a normal effect on me, sure, but him posting an IG story of our son randomly lying on the ground, getting his head stuck somewhere, eating too many sweets, and crying ugly would be the death of me.

I've always been careful to Logan! I make sure he won't sit on anything dirty to not get any germs, I make sure to calm him soon as he cries, and most of all, I make sure that he'll have fewer exposures to people so he won't get stressed seeing a lot of faces. Unlike Lucas who lets his teammates carry Logan like he's some ball they usually pass. I swear if Logan fails to familiarize all of his 21 uncles, I'll blame it on Lucas so they will beat him one by one!

"Guess we're both different kinds of parents..." I sighed and got up from the bed. I checked his Instagram to observe his moment with Logan and good news, the baby is happy and safe based on his recent post 10 minutes ago.

My lips formed into a smile when I see Logan's delighted face playing in the playground. The pictures mostly contain his solo shots, smiling widely that his nose is scrunching. My heart flutters as I continued to scroll to see more of his pictures until I received another notification, a new post from Lucas. My smile disappeared in an instant when he filmed Logan crying again!

"This jerk," I frowned. I was about to slide in his dms until Logan made me frozen in my spot when I heard him speak for the first time!

"Papa! Papa!!!" The toddler cries in the video

PAPA IS HIS FIRST WORD, I'M TEARING UP!

"Why? Papa is right here." Lucas intends to comfort but he's obviously fooling the baby because he's not the father the younger is demanding.

"UWAAAAAH! Papa Junjun UWAAAAAH!!!" He continued to cry. I gasped in total shock as he finally mentioned my name.

OH MY GOD! HE KNOWS MY NAME!

I SHOULD BE THE ONE CRYING RIGHT NOW! GOD, I WANT TO HUG HIM AND CRY TOGETHER!

Did Lucas teach him to speak?!

"Papa Junjun will be here, baby... Stop crying." He says in the video and my eyes widened.

Me? I will be there?

No, bro, take care of him yourself!

As if the baby understands him, he slowly stops crying by himself. I can't believe what I just witnessed. He is improving! I am really proud of Logan!

Then my small celebration halted when Lucas sent me a message.

Lucas: I know you're already awake

Lucas: Good morning, hon 😊

Xiaojun: morning

Lucas: will it kill you to say back our endearment?!!