The prince and the knight

Eli [Final Honor] x Aesop [Hamlet]

Medieval AU

TW : Blood

______

Dazzling. That was the first impression he had of him. It was a perfectly normal day that same day. The sky was a clear blue with a few light clouds tracing cottony shapes, a light breeze was blowing as birds sang and bees gathered pollen from the flowers. He was sitting against the trunk of a tree, his owl on his shoulder, feeding her a few sunflower seeds that his father had given him while he waited.

He was the son of the general captain of the kingdom's army, a fairly high rank that asked him to visit the royal palace frequently to discuss politics with the king. It wasn't really a place for a child so he simply waited in the castle gardens to pass the time. One day he would have to take his father's place and pick up the sword. However, that was still a long way off so the best thing to do for now was to enjoy his freedom.

He loved nature and animals more than anything. He had found his owl that was injured on one of his trips with his parents and took it with him to heal it. After that, the owl decided to stay by his side and so he gave it a name, Brooke Rose. She became his faithful companion to whom he could tell everything and even if she only answered with a hoot, somehow he had the impression that she could understand him.

He spent a quiet moment alone with the birds, few people passed by and it was the farthest corner of the main garden, one of the walls of the big building was not far away. Suddenly he heard commotion, sounds of armor and frantic footsteps and guards shouting something. Perhaps an intruder had infiltrated. Hm, he'd probably better get back to his father, he should have finished his business by now and if it was indeed an intruder, it was dangerous to stay here.

The young boy lifted his body, leaving a trail behind him from where he was sitting on the grass. He started walking towards the exit he took earlier, along the stone wall. His owl suddenly left his shoulder and flew away. He looked at her, a little curious, why did she leave ? Then a shadow rose above him, a storm ? No, it was still sunny.

"Argh-"

It didn't take him long to realize that the shadow wasn't from the storm, but rather from someone who had just crashed into him. He was lying on the grass with his arms and legs spread out like when an angel was made in the snow. He slowly opened his eyes to see his assailant but all he saw was a clump of blonde locks followed by a grunt. The figure resting on him was that of a young man, about his age, perhaps a year or two younger.

"Who has the wretched idea to hang out here..." the blond man muttered.

The strange boy pulled his weight off of him to get up and wipe the dirt off his clothes, muttering more incomprehensible things as he pulled the last leaf out of his hair. The brunette straightened up as well then looked up at the blond to get a better look at him, still sitting on the floor, a little confused by what had just happened.

"If I may say so, jumping off the walls isn't really a thing to do either..." he replied softly.

"Huh ?" the other boy exclaimed, as if he thought that what the brown-haired boy had said was the most absurd thing he had ever heard.

Now that he was turned toward him, he could see his face better. His pale blonde hair was tied back in a short ponytail and his eyes were an almost translucent blue-gray. He wore a black doublet over a shirt with fluttering sleeves, a light blue metallic belt over his shoulder in addition to a cream shawl with crosses. He also had black bottoms and knee-high boots of the same color.

He then noticed the incredible amount of embroidery and other golden ornaments on him, in addition to an orange opal ring on his left ring finger. A rather extravagant outfit that didn't really correspond to his rather barbaric actions and manner of speaking. Nevertheless, there was something mysterious about him. Where did he come from ?