Betrayed by the owl

Brooke Rose x Aesop

This is a crack fic pls don't take this seriously

_______

Aside from the exhausting games, daily life at the manor was fairly quiet. In this place where time had stood still, the weather was beautiful most days and the survivors were free to do whatever they wanted. For the seer Eli Clark, everything was going particularly well because after so many years of suffering since the death of his fiancée, he had managed to find love again by meeting the embalmer, Aesop Carl.

Ashen hair, gray eyes, a wonderful figure and a mysterious personality. He couldn't have asked for a better partner.

However, he noticed that his partner was behaving strangely lately... He seemed more... distant. Well, he was distant with everyone but it was not quite the same at the moment. He shivered at the brunet's touch and sometimes disappeared without saying anything like this time, Aesop was simply nowhere to be found.

Eli thought that if he used the vision of Brooke Rose, his owl, he could perhaps find the embalmer more easily. The male closed his eyes behind his blindfold before concentrating on his link with the bird. Strangely, it took a little longer to form than usual and when his mind cleared, he saw gray locks and yellow roses in a vase.

It must have been Aesop who was in his room if he wasn't mistaken. There was no one else in the mansion with that hair color and he only knew one person who loved yellow roses so much that he put them in his room to decorate. So Eli rushed to Aesop's room, opening it suddenly without warning, he wanted to surprise his lover.

But when he opened the door, he was greeted by a horrifying sight. His lover was in the middle of the room and on his arm was his owl chirping and rubbing its feathers against Aesop's bare face. Incredible. The gray-eyed male flinched slightly at Eli's sudden appearance, opening and closing his mouth several times as he searched for what to say.

"E-Eli... I-I can explain everything!"

"You're cheating on me with Brooke!?"

"I- Sorry..."

The seer couldn't believe it. His lover and his best friend who had always been by his side. He had never felt so betrayed as he did at that moment. He gave a disapproving look to both of them before leaving without even closing the door, he left it open for all the other survivors to discover the deception! Even when he turned back, neither the embalmer nor the owl tried to stop him, but he didn't care.

After these events, his bond with Brooke was broken and Eli gathered enough deduction points even without the bird's help and earned his exit ticket, leaving the manor for good, to never see the two again.