Hand in hand with you

Norton x Aesop

Modern Au

_____

It was unreal. Just a few weeks before, they were running on the muddy ground to save their lives and get out of this hellhole and now they had all found themselves in an unknown place with lots of strange devices everywhere. It was pretty hard to adjust at first because of the transition but they mysteriously knew how this world worked.

"Earth to Aesop." a deep voice spoke.

Ah, that's right, he was at the beach. He looked up with his gray eyes at the person walking in front of him, his blouse opened over his t-shirt. His gaze then went down to their intertwined hands, he used to wear gloves but that was no longer the case, the contact between their skins was comforting and pleasant. Then he watched the man's black hair fly in the wind.

"Sorry, I was thinking."

"About the manor?"

"Hm."

The male said nothing and simply continued to lead the way as he held his hand, slowly approaching the water's edge, the rays of the setting sun giving a pink and orange shade to the ocean. When they reached the brink where the waves touched the sole of their shoes, his partner turned to him, smiling faintly as his free hand reached for the other hand he wasn't holding.

"Would you rather go back there?" he asked.

He shook his head, it may have been the place where they had met but that didn't erase the fact that he also had many bad memories of the place.

"We're free now."

"I know."

"Really? You seem to think it's a dream though."

Aesop sighed before releasing the male's hands and bringing them to his face, his fingers tracing the curve of his jaw as he slowly approached and stood on his tiptoes, placing a kiss on the other's lips then. It only lasted a second and then he pulled away, the tall man widening his eyes at the sudden gesture.

"I didn't think you were that bold."

"Then maybe this is a dream." he said with a chuckle.

"I don't want to wake up in that case."

The former miner laughed softly before wrapping his arms around the other's slim waist and pulling his body closer to his. He let his fingers trail through the latter's silver locks and removed the elastic in his hair in the process, letting it flutter with the sea breeze. It all seemed too good to be true, but fortunately it was indeed reality.

"I won't leave you alone from now on."

"Since when do you not stick to me for more than a minute, Campbell?"

"Hey, let me act cool!"

"Pfft..."

They both laughed heartily and exchanged another kiss filled with love and sweetness. How nice it was to be in the arms of his beloved like this he thought. No strange creatures chasing them, no horrible machine noises, just... peace and the sound of the waves.

"I love you Aesop."

"Me too, Norton..."

_____

Ayo, so this was the last chapter of this book cuz it's getting quite long but I will make another one dw!