Don't hide them

Norton x Aesop

Modern AU

_____

"Do you really have to do this...?"

A black-haired man wearing a hat and a white shirt with short sleeves stood on the deck of a boat, his back facing the sea while another gray-haired man stood in front of him, a camera in his hands, his lover. They had been together for a year now, so they had decided to go on a cruise to celebrate the occasion.

"It's to keep memories of this trip, Norton."

The man going by the name of Norton Campbell looked at his lover with a less than serene expression, his hand constantly rubbing along the length of his arm where there were burn marks. They were from an old work accident that forced him to change his job, but they refused to go away as if to remind him over and over of the mistake he had made. He didn't like these scars.

"I'm not really a good model..."

"That's not true."

His partner said this with such affirmation that he was a little surprised. Then, the gray-eyed male let his device hang around his neck before stepping forward and taking the dark-eyed one's hands in his.

"A-Aesop...?"

"You don't have to hide them. I've already told you that they're not horrible and besides, I like everything about you."

Aesop confessed this, speaking in a soft, comforting voice so that Norton would understand that he meant what he said. Yes, in the male's eyes, he had no flaws, these marks were simply a part of him that he accepted and embraced and he hoped that his other half understood that and he should not be ashamed of it.

"Thanks..."

"You're welcome, it's my job to cheer you up and support you after all."

Ah, what did he do in his previous life to deserve such a kind man? Aesop was his everything, his world and his universe. He could not dream nor imagine a better person to live by his side. He sketched a smile in return and brought the young man's hands to his lips to place a kiss on them, the latter blushing slightly at his lover's action.

"I love you."

"I know, and I love you too, Norton."

The gray-haired man chuckled softly before removing one of his hands from the other's grip but still keeping one intertwined with his.

"Let's go visit the rest of the ship now."

"Okay."

Finally, maybe this trip was going to go better than Norton imagined. The high summer heat meant that putting on clothes that covered his entire legs and arms was out of the question, and the fact that he had to reveal his scars like this made him uncomfortable. However, with Aesop by his side, he could surely make an exception during this stay and not think about it, or even accept them as well.