Memory loss but scars from war

Naib x Aesop

Tw: Dealing with PTSD

_______

Slightly tanned skin and brown hair damaged from the poor conditions on the battlefield. There were a few cuts on his face, arms, legs... But overall, he was alive and well, sort of, he would be if not for that ominous bandage tied around his head. How many days had it been? How long had he been sleeping? He was waiting for him. He held his hand every day, hoping that those green eyes full of life would look back at him. Then, finally...

"Who are you?"

Despair.

There was nothing left.

Everything was gone, as if it had vanished into thin air.

They had been living together for three years now, had decided to start a new life together, had become one with each other. They had so many memories together, at home, in the streets, in the park, in the restaurant where they sometimes went when the gray-eyed male was willing to go out. All these precious moments had just evaporated in a single moment when the young man took a violent blow to the head due to the counter-shock of an attack and his world collapsed before his eyes.

Did he really not remember anything?

"I-it's me... N-Naib, don't you remember?"

His voice trembled and sounded like it was about to break but he had to hear his answer.

"I'm sorry... Were we close...?"

"W-What...?"

No way. No, it couldn't be true. It was just... too horrible to be real. Perhaps it was due to the fact that he had just woken up and his memory was still fuzzy from the accident. The gray-eyed young man reached into his pockets and pulled out his wallet, then took out a picture of it and showed it to the dark-haired man with a hint of hope. Perhaps he would remember this?

"Look, it was the day we celebrated our third anniversary..."

Naib took the photo from the other's hands and looked at it for a moment with confusion apparent in his eyes. Unfortunately, he shook his head and handed it back to the young man.

"I'm sorry I can't remember but may I ask your name?"

How cruel to ask his name like that. He couldn't do anything but answer him nonetheless.

"A-Aesop. Aesop Carl."

"Aesop... I can see from this picture that we are quite close so can I rely on you to help me regain my memory?"

The brown-haired man sketched a soft smile. Oh, how he missed that smile. However, it wasn't the smile he liked. He wasn't looking at him. All that was in front of his eyes was an overly sensitive stranger getting all worked up for some reason. This was no longer the Naib Subedar he knew. However, he wasn't going to abandon him just for that. He was going to do his best to get the man he loved back and rekindle his lost flame.

"Of course."

The bond they shared was stronger than anything and he truly believed that somewhere, deep in his heart, in his soul, he was there. No matter how long it took, they were still young and had plenty of time ahead of them. He could be patient, for him, for them. He could get through this, couldn't he?

"Sorry... Nothing seems to be coming back to me..."

"That's okay, we can always try another day."

When the brown-haired man got out of the hospital, he came back to live with Aesop since they were living together. The latter proposed him to share different rooms since he might feel uncomfortable with a stranger but the former military refused and told him that he didn't mind sleeping in the same bed as him. The gray-eyed male knew that he said that for him, as if to forgive himself for not being able to remember and he was grateful for that.