Kiss in the classroom

Eli x Aesop

Highschool AU

______

Frenzied footsteps and panting echoed through the hallway. The many windows in the corridor let the orange rays of the sun bathe the place in a peaceful and transcendent atmosphere. It was almost like a scene from one of those old black and white movies. Then a figure stopped in front of a sliding door, caught his breath for a moment and finally pushed it aside so he could enter.

"I finally found you."

It was a classroom, everything normal. The chairs were tucked behind the tables and there was no one left. Almost no one left. There was one last figure sitting on the edge of the window, one leg bent and the other dangling toward the floor, his hands gently resting along his torso. A mask hung over both of his ears and his hair was tied back in a low ponytail. His gaze was focused on the other side of the glass window that overlooked the courtyard. Then he snapped out of his daydream to turn to the brown-haired man who had just arrived.

"Eli."

At the call of his name, the blue-eyed boy sketched a slight smile before walking towards the other seated male. He was now standing in front of him, his face a little higher than his due to the difference in positions.

"What are you doing here Aesop, I was waiting for you to go home."

"Ah." he paused, then resumed. "Sorry, it slipped my mind."

Eli exhaled a slight sigh before taking a seat on the ledge himself, Aesop folding his legs slightly to make enough room for the other male. The young man was quick to focus his attention back to the window once more despite the fact that he had forgotten to join the brunet for the umpteenth time. How many times did this happen now? They had stopped counting and the one with cerulean eyes knew that the other one with grey eyes would continue to get lost in his thoughts and end up wandering who knows where.

"Try to be more careful next time."

"Mhm."

"You're not listening to me at all..."

Indeed, he was not listening. The brown man's words were coming in through one ear and out the other like a breeze. Aesop Carl was a lost cause, he thought.

From the ashen-haired boy's point of view, the scenery wasn't very interesting. It was always the same landscape no matter how many times he looked at it. Yet, he always continued as a sort of ritual and Eli would come to find him each time to take him home. It was their routine. Suddenly, he felt fingers pull down the mask he wore under his chin and then a pair of lips against his.

It lasted only a moment and the brunet immediately stepped back while putting his mask back on, a grin on his face as a pinkish shadow quickly passed over the other's cheeks.

"What are you doing?"

"You weren't listening so I had to get your attention somehow."

Eli chuckled softly as he saw that his plan was successful and Aesop simply sighed before standing up, turning briefly to the other boy and holding out his hand towards him.

"Let's go home."

"Okay!"

The brown-haired one happily grabbed his hand and intertwined his fingers with his, a wide smile drawn on his face. And so, they left the classroom together to go home as they did after every day of class...