I love you

Eli x Aesop

Modern AU

_____

Blue. Cerulean and clear like the sparkle in his eyes, seeming to reflect the movement of the waves, rebellious and unrestrained. The ocean in his eyes enveloped him with a freshness and a certain serenity, a lullaby with a crystalline tone. After the tragic event that had taken place the last time, the young man thought.

What did he think of the brunet?

Unlike his azure magnificence, halfway between white and black, he was there. Grey, monotonous, gloomy. An old sculpture gathering dust, still wearing the same elegant expression, emotionless, lifeless. There was nothing charming about him.

Yet, when he thought back to the soft touch of his lips against his, another colour was added, red. Passion, love and ardor. So many things were rushing through his mind, fear, prohibition, danger. Could he afford it? Could he love him back? Did he have the right? Was he capable of it?

Only, would he still want him after what had happened.

He once read a book, this one was about the meaning of roses. It wasn't really the kind of reading he was used to but it was still interesting. One rose meant love at first sight, two meant forgiveness. Lastly, three roses, three simple words.

"I love you..."

A whisper. A whistle in the silence of his room as the colour of blood tinged his cheeks. What the hell was wrong with him? Now he was going crazy, ranting about declarations of love in the void. If he had to make one, he might as well do it to the one who had occupied his mind for more than a week.

The rose he gave him was still on his desk, in a ceramic vase, its burning red as fiery and almost sinful as ever. His fingers went to the stem of the flower, skimming along the twig and thorns to the sepals and then, the petals. 

A sigh.

Why was it so complicated to love someone?

Anyway, his second week of ignorance began and he found himself in a strange situation. He was standing in the courtyard, holding his bag firmly on his shoulder, confronting the brown-haired man. Where did he come from? Was he waiting for him outside for a long time? However he didn't have time to ask anything when the blue-eyed male handed him something.

"I'm sorry about what happened last time but my feelings are real and I mean it when I ask you this, will you go out with me?"

It was another bouquet of flowers he was offering him. There must have been twenty of them and each one was spotless, radiant and gorgeous. Twenty roses, deep and sincere feelings. The brunet wore a rather nervous expression as he waited for an answer.

Aesop thought then, why bother.

"Yes."

That was his answer and a big smile broke out on Eli's face, expressing gratitude and joy. Right, even though his uncertainty might lead to conflicts in the future, what mattered was the present moment and this strange warmth that only grew in his chest.

He took the flowers from the brunet's hands and took two steps towards him, removing his mask and this time placing his lips against his. He felt a hand slip behind his back and another behind his neck but didn't care as he continued to press himself against the other man.

It was pure bliss.