A rose for you

Ronald of Ness Norton x Hamlet Aesop

______

"O, I die, Horatio! The potent poison quite o'ercrows my spirit. I cannot live to hear the news from England. But I do prophesy th' election lights on Fortinbras; he has my dying voice. So tell him, with th' occurrents, more and less, Which have solicited..."

And Hamlet perished. The rest of the play went on as it was written in the original play and the act ended. The actors came to position themselves one last time all together on the stage, the main actor in the front. They bowed to their audience, who showered them with applause and roses, and then eventually made their way backstage as the curtains closed, the blond actor last.

However, as he was about to leave the stage, a hand came to wrap around his arm and drew him back to the front of the scene where he was standing before, except that there was no spectator or actor anymore. Only him, as well as the other star of the Golden Rose Theater, who went by the name of Ronald of Ness.

"Ronald." he said coldly.

But his icy tone did not faze the other man's confident expression and the latter bowed slightly to him. The blond with the emerald eyes made a step backwards, not knowing if he had to be wary of the comedian. Certainly, they were colleagues and worked in the same theater, but he heard a lot of rumors about the feisty tendencies of the other. Not to mention the rivalry between the two leading actors.

"Hamlet,"

The brunet pronounced, raising his face towards the man in front of him and addressing him his usual and charming smile. The mask he wore drew perfectly the lines of his face and highlighted the deep jet black of his eyes. He then passed the hand on his chest in his jacket and took out of it with a majestic gesture, a golden rose, reminding very well the name of the theater.

"May I offer you this rose," he paused. "As delicate and beautiful as you?"

Hamlet took another step back. What was the masked man in front of him rambling about, he thought. Maybe the fame had gone to his head a little too much and he had finally gone crazy. After all, the two men hardly spoke to each other except on a few rare occasions, but that was mainly because of work. Nevertheless, Ronald didn't move a muscle and held the ethereally beautiful flower towards him.

"Please, accept this." he begged again.

The blond hesitated for another moment before finally taking the rose from the other's hands. It wasn't as if it would kill him after all. He was only a little confused by the dazzling smile of the brown-haired man as he took his gift and his heart beating strangely fast unlike usual. What was happening to him?

"That was a wonderful performance there."

"I simply played my part."

Indeed, all he did was get into the shoes of his character and become one with him, be Hamlet. Ronald straightened up and let a laugh escape from his peach colored lips, his hand coming to cover his mouth in an elegant motion. Hell, the blond could almost become addicted to it. The laughter of the brunet was simply divine and mesmerizing. 

"Why not celebrate this feat over a candlelit dinner?" he suggested.

Hamlet froze. A meal with the amazing and much-loved Ronald of Ness? To some, it might seem like a once-in-a-lifetime golden opportunity. To the blond, it just looked like a trap, a web woven with golden thread that would not let him escape once he fell into it. Yet, despite his reluctance...

"Sure."

He agreed. The brunet sketched another smile as he offered his arm and the blonde slipped his own around it. It didn't matter if it was indeed a trap or not, for one evening he was willing to let the strings of the golden web weave his fate.