Pardon

Eli x Aesop

Modern AU

_____

'Sorry', the last word he said that day before running off through the pouring rain. It was his fault. He should have waited, to confirm the nature of his feelings. But he was in too much of a hurry, eager to touch him. Then the accident happened, their lips touched briefly. Chaste and sweet, a real sin.

His cheeks flushed and he thought it was a good sign. Until his gaze became shifty and panic seemed to overtake him. It was raining cats and dogs by then. Eli had finally managed to gather his courage after he and Aesop had started to get to know each other and he invited him on a date.

Only, he never imagined that it would end like this. It was a beautiful day to begin with and the sun was shining brightly, bathing the park where they were walking with its warmth, adding brilliant sparkles to the lake. The brown-haired man managed to put aside his embarrassment and offered him a bunch of yellow roses, friendship.

Then all of a sudden the sky darkened, was it a bad omen he was supposed to sense? It was too late, however, and the grey-eyed one was already gone. Beads of water slid down his grey locks and his eyes had become wet at the cerulean-eyed one's gesture.

He pushed him away nervously, apologised, and left him. Two roses from his bouquet fell to the ground as he ran, being ruined by the rain and losing their beauty on the concrete floor.