Chapter 5 | Unwanted

"Great." Olivia mutters just as her eyes land on something behind me. Confused at her sudden change, I turn around only to find the royals making their way over to their table. "Why is it that that table is always left unoccupied? Doesn't seem fair when everyone's competing for a seat but them." I hear her argue and turn back to face her.

"They're the royals." I say and my face immediately contorts, finding it disturbing that I actually said that.

"Because that justifies everything." She says sarcastically, "I don't see what people see in them anymore."

This time I'm looking at her with a raised eyebrow. I knew there were people who didn't like the royals, I just didn't think there were any in our school and I was curious about what she meant: anymore?

Her eyes return to me and smile. "I'm honored you look surprised, you don't seem to find anything around here interesting, so thank you."

Marvelous. I'm actually noticed by people around here. Ugh.

"You don't like them?" I ask, not hiding the confusion in my voice.

She shrugs, "eh, I have nothing against them, but I do find people's attention on them over-the-top."

Well at least I'm not the only one.

Suddenly something hits my back and I turn to see a senior salute me and mouth, "defy-er" before he and his friends burst out laughing. Gosh, how childish.

I'm beginning to wish I hadn't defended myself and just gotten the damn tray for Declan. If I had, people would've regarded the situation as anything but out of the ordinary and not worth remembering. Now I was being called "defy-er"! Where does that come from? I mean, okay yeah I get it but seriously?

People always paid attention to something different. I just wish I had thought of that before letting my mouth run wild. Besides that I had landed myself two weeks of detention for talking back to Mr Gilmore, as I had been told in my first period by my teacher. A bad record is the last thing I want and yet here I am.

Gosh. I'd be the clown of the organization if any agents came to know of this. I wanted out of this so badly. Why did it have to be me? Why was I the poor kid kicked out of the orphanage? It wasn't my fault I was left there in the first place! Damn me and my stupid, dumb age.

I wanted to scream in frustration, but all that would bring was more attention and crazy looks from other students.

"Are you okay? You look like you're about to kill someone." Olivia chuckles.

I furrow my eyebrows, wasn't she supposed to tell me her favour?

"I'm fine. So what was that favour you wanted to ask me? I don't have much of a choice but you have to promise never to tell anyone it was me. Got it?"

She nods quickly, "my lips are sealed. Okay, so the  favour I've got to ask is: canyoututormeinbiologyandchemistry." She says the last bit really quickly. I'm a trained agent who knows a wide range of languages but whatever she said was not English or at least doesn't sound to be.

"Could you say that slower?" I ask.

She sighs, opening her mouth to answer when an annoying fly sits beside her. With its many eyes and irritating habit of appearing when no one wants it to, it smirks at me, as it's friends take the chairs beside me until there is nothing but the smell of male cologne surrounding us.

God, why?

"Hello there friends." Aaron greets in his annoyingly sweet voice. "Mind if we sit with you? All the tables are kind of taken."