• Prologue •

When Peter Cape had killed a Japanese billionaire and stolen 13 billion yen, he knew Interpol would be out to get him. The higher-ups had made a plan that would get him out and into the shadows without letting a single droplet of sweat fall. He trusted the higher-ups, they always knew best. But right now, he was starting to doubt just how well thought out this plan was.

All he was doing at the moment was sweating. His breathing was heavy and his feet felt as if they were on fire. Behind him he heard the fast approaching steps of the figure in black. The person who had been chasing him since the market and now they were climbing up the stairs of a two storey building. He broke through the door and came onto the open rooftop. This wasn't the first chase he had been in, but something about this seemed like it would be his last.

This guy in a fucking machine. Cape thought as he jumped off the ledge of one rooftop and landed on another. He looked over his shoulder to see if the person was still following him and growled when he was. Cape didn't know if he could go any longer or move any further. When he had realised he was being followed in the market, his two options was either to fight or take flight. Choosing flight seemed to be of no use at the moment, so it was fight he was left with now.

He jumped over the ledge of another rooftop and yet again landed on another. Cape stopped and turned around. He was out of breath and it seemed that his chaser could have continued jumping rooftop to rooftop forever, but Peter Cape, at forty-two years of age, could not.

"Look," he said, heaving. "What the fuck do you want?"

The person landed almost gracefully onto the rooftop. Their breathing was heavy, but not as heavy as Capes, and they seemed to be anything but tired. They didn't answer.

"You want money? Is that it? I have no money!" Cape barked. His heart was beating in his ears, he needed to rest.

Without speaking, the person in the grey hoodie pulled out a handcuff from their pocket and threw it in front of Cape.

Put them on. Was what the hooded person was saying.

Cape scoffed. He should have known that the cops would find him sooner or later. How could the higher-ups do this to him? How could they have let him get caught like this?

Anger flooded Cape's body and he lunged forward at the person.

But this person, whoever they were, were very attentive and fast and dodged him like a bull fighter holding a red flag to their beast. Cape stumbled forward and turned around, he flew his fist in the air but the person dodged him again. Then he tried to kick the person but his foot ended up colliding with the ledge instead.

He cussed out in pain. Suddenly he was no longer on the rooftop, but had half his body hanging over the edge. His eyes widened. The person held him by the neck of his shirt with one hand and with the other, they gave Cape the handcuffs.

Put it on. Or else.

Cape sighed and put the cuffs on, fear and shame holding him by the neck.

"Okay, okay. Pull me in!" He rushed.

Pheonix smirked beneath the hood of her jacket. Another mission accomplished. She was about to pull him back in when she received a call from an unknown number.