Chapter 10 | A New Royal

A large hand wraps around from behind me, covering my mouth to prevent me from calling for help, whilst another hand holds both my wrists in a lock behind my back. The front of the person is pressed against my back, holding me aggressively in place and theres a foot looped around one of my legs, locking it in place to prevent me from moving forward or backwards. I feel a hot breath fall on the back of my neck.

Disgusting.

The close contact is uncomfortable and I feel robbed of personal space. I try to break free but struggle pathetically against the larger, stronger body. It's difficult to go against an opponent you know nothing about.

This is why I never go into a fight without assessing my opponent. I never just jump into a scuffle right away because that's just stupid. I make judgments upon weighing the pros and cons, remembering to never jeopardize my safety, and put my combat training to use whenever I can. But the thing is, I haven't had combat training—or any training—in the last year. I'm as stiff as a rusty hinge and my joints are in need of oil, but I have to do something. I can't just do nothing!

Think Blair. Analyse and then place action.

It's a male. Taller than me. Rough hands. But young. Okay, I can do this.

A great rush of adrenaline flows through me, after picking out the basic characteristics of my opponent, and I feel a little more confident to dance. I wriggle around and try screaming.

"Shhhh—" 

My feet push off the ground and I ram the top of my head into where his nose should be, making my attacker momentarily lose focus from the striking pain and lessen his grip so I can quickly free my arm and hit his side with my elbow. I follow through and hear a satisfying grunt from behind me.

Good. I'm just getting started.

I take a step away and turn quickly, however before I can see the crazy idiot who has attempted to kidnap me, I feel a fist come into contact with my stomach and the air in my lungs is knocked out of me.

Did he just punch me? A girl?

I recover and do the first thing I learnt in self defense when against a guy; I kick him in his family jewels.

He groans and falls to his knees, covering his balls in agony. I take this time to bring my fist across his face, not as hard as I would like, but fast enough to have him distracted so I can bring my other clenched fist right into his jaw. It unexpectedly hurt.

Suddenly, he grabs something black from the teacher's table and before I can react, whacks me in the head. I stumble back in shock, placing a hand over my cheek that's surely going to swell.

What the hell? Did he just hit me with a stapler?!

He stands up and grabs my collar, pushing me backwards. The sound of screeching echos painfully throughout the classroom as I'm knocked into tables and chairs until my back is finally slammed onto the wall hard. An unwanted groan escapes my lips and my back burns.

I squint my eyes to make out his face, which is only a few inches away from mine, but the classroom is too dark to make out distinct features. The lights are off and the blinds block out most of the light from the window. But I can feel his face up close.

Suddenly, our eyes snap to the sound of the doorknob rattling and the door opens.

Shit.

"Hey Mrs Pat I think I left my maths textbook..." the male student who has barged into the classroom pauses when his eyes land on us and widen.

You have got to be kidding me.

"Fuck! Didn't mean to disturb." The guy says, looking at us weirdly, "continue whatever you're doing and umm remember to use protection!" And he leaves.