Chapter 9 | A bad boy on a motorcycle

"But what if I forget the formula?" Olivia asks.

We're parked outside my house, going through physics once more and this time I can finally say she is paying attention. We've been out here for a good twenty minutes and its been more productive than the hour we spent at her house.

I look up at her and give her a deadpan look, "that's why you study and memorize tonight. Unless you have some kind of company afterwards and there is a possibility you really do forget, then I suggest you analyze each question thoroughly before attempting them tomorrow. In most cases, logic and general knowledge goes a long way."

She nods, "thank you oh wise one."

I roll my eyes. "I should go now."

"Why? Are your parents back? I'd like to meet them." She asks and I momentarily freeze.

Right, my non-existent parents. In my first week of tutoring Olivia, she had brought up the elephant in the room; my parents. Of course a kid couldn't live without a guardian and I already knew what to say in response to that. The answer had been drilled into my head from the moment I stepped foot here, but also reminded me of that horrid day I found out I was no longer allowed at the IIO.

When she had asked, I told her my parents had the type of occupation that didn't allow them to stay in one place for more than a few days, so they were hardly home. She seemed to have bought that, saying she had an uncle like that too. Anyway, the subject still felt surreal and it made me anxious.

"Uh no, not yet." I answer truthfully.

"Okay, well have a goodnight. Oh before I forget, dress well tomorrow." She says as I get out of the car.

I turn to her confused, "why? Is there something big happening at school tomorrow?"

Because even if there is, I still wouldn't dress well for it. My closet is exclusively sweater and jeans only. Well, disguise-wise.

Olivia places a hand over her mouth in an exaggerated horror, "you don't know?!"

"Know what?"

"Blair, there's a new student coming tomorrow."

"So?"

Olivia facepalms, "it's a boy!"

"And that's supposed to be big?" I question. "Here I thought you disliked the male gender." I mutter to myself but it appears Olivia heard it, going by the sore look on her face.

"Only some." She corrects, "and yes it is apparently. Delilah kept talking about it during lunch. Everyone is. She said something about overhearing the teachers talk about him and how he's coming tomorrow. We suspect he's a delicious hunk, so dress well."

I roll my eyes for the second time. Teenagers.

"Whatever. Bye." I close the door and step away from the car, Olivia gives me a knowing look that says; you better dress well, before waving and driving off.

A new student, huh?

For some reason, I have a strange feeling that tells me this won't be good and my gut feelings have always been right. Like the time I thought something bad was going to happen when I didn't follow the SS squad team to Ireland and two agents actually got injured. Or the time I let Director Harlot persuade me into going to that playground in London to befriend the British Prime Minister's daughter and she ended up vomiting cake all over me. I shudder just thinking about that horrendous day, I was only five but I knew I did not belong there. How dare she take advantage of a child.