PHASE 2

After a while of silence Tony started making small talk while he set up the program.  

“Really?” I asked about something stupid and rude he said. 

“Oh yes, really and you look like you need to sleep.” 

“I’ll sleep when I’m dead.” I smirked. 

“Yes, ha- ha.” He laughed sarcastically and then Fury walked in.

“What are you doing, Mr. Stark?” Fury boomed. 

“Uh, kinda been wondering the same thing about you.” he answered. 

“You’re supposed to be locating the tesseract.”

“Yea, the model’s locked and we’re sweeping for the signal right now. If we get a hit we’ll have a location within half a mile.” Bruce told him, pointing to the screen I was working at.

“Yea and you’ll get your cube back, no muss, no fuss.” Tony told Nick, who was looking pretty cornered and pissed.  Then, Tony’s monitor pulled up the file for Phase Two and I left my screen to look at it with him. “What is Phase Two?” he asked. I heard metal slam on metal and looked up to see Steve, who had slammed a gun down on the table. 

“Phase Two is S.H.I.E.L.D uses the cube to make weapons.” Captain said angrily. “Sorry, the computer was moving a little slow for me.” 

“Rodgers, we gathered everything related to the tesseract. This does not mean that we’re making-” Fury started but Tony interrupted him. 

“I’m sorry, Nick.” Tony turned the monitor for Nick to see. “What were you lying?” 

“I was wrong, director.” Steve said as Natasha and Thor walked in. “The world hasn’t changed a bit.” 

“Did you know about this?” Bruce asked Natasha.

“You wanna think about removing yourself from this environment, Doctor?” Natasha asked, not answering Bruce’s question, I stood closer to Bruce.

“I was in Calcutta, I was pretty well removed.”

“Loki is manipulating you.”

“And you’ve been doing what, exactly?”

“You didn’t come here because I bat my eyelashes at you.”

“Yes, and I’m not leaving just because suddenly you get a little twitchy. I’d like to know why S.H.I.E.L.D is using the Tesseract to build weapons of mass destruction.” Bruce said, getting a little anger in his voice as he pointed to the monitor. 

“Because of him.” Nick answered, pointing at Thor.