Short Story #2

He Lost His Imaan (Faith)

A sheikh narrated that after a jummah prayer, a man came to him and said that today was the first day he prayed in a year and that he helped him regain back his Imaan.... the khotba was about Salah and when and how did Allah SWT order our Prophet SAW the five prayers...

It was the day of israa and miraaj when Allah taught the prophet the five prayers, but after the death of his father, mother, grandfather and finally his beloved wife Khadija RA. She was the love of his life and the one who supported him the first and always. After her death, the Prophet was devasted and it was then when Allah SWT ordered him with prayers... SubhanAllah!!!

The sheikh was shocked and wanted to know this man's story, so he asked "Why brother?"

The man smiled and began telling the sheikh his story, he said

"Years ago, I got married to a pious woman. She was the love of my life and I was so happy with her. We were living in a small apartment,  nothing fancy but we were so happy and content. I was still getting my medical degree and I had to work two jobs, study and insure a living for my small family.  Then my wife got pregnant and we were both so excited and thankful.  Then I finished my degree and my wife gave birth to a baby boy, our life was constantly getting better and then I got a job proposal at a hospital with a high wage. I consulted my wife and she agreed to it, so I accepted the job....

Our life after that, was getting better and better Alhamdulilah. I began searching for a bigger house and maybe in the city near my workplace....

I was working harder and harder. I had now a family of three members after the addition of my new boy,  a bigger house and bigger responsibilities and Alhamdulilah everything was going perfectly fine....

One day I came back home after my daily work of ten hours. The house was so calm and I figured it out because it was the time for the nap of my kids. My wife would usually put them to sleep and stay with them for a while and sometimes she'd fall asleep beside them. I decided to do some paperwork and then go check them out....

After about thirty minutes I heard the fuss of my babies. I heard one of them crying and the other one talking to him. I immediately got up and rushed to see them. I had missed them and sitting with them made my day...

I entered our room and found my kids sitting on either side of my wife, but she was there laying motionless. My doctor instincts kicked in and immediately rushed to check her pulse and she was freezing... she was dead, and it was like an hour ago....

I couldn't believe what was happening and my mind was in a blur! She can't die! She can't leave me alone!

I was shocked and couldn't react to what was happening around me, the janaazah, her burial, and everything else... I just isolated myself in my room staring at the ceiling for three days...

I didn't know how my children were doing, I left them for my mother and brother to take care of. I was numb and stayed like this for days. Mom and my brother took care of both me and my kids...

My brother would come everyday to my room and try to cheer me up or convince me to pray, but I refuse always. He never gave up on me. He was the type of person that wont just give you an advice and walk away, he would stay by your side and help you. He always tried and tried but failed... until today....

He barged into my room and said "am not leaving until you come with me to juma'ha and I will not take no as an answer!"

And here I am my sheikh after a year on her death and today was the first day I prayed!!!"

The sheikh was shocked, he didn't know  that his words would affect this man so much

"I am not the only one who lost a beloved person, the Prophet salla Allahu alaihi w sallam lost his father, mother, grandfather and his beloved wife Khadija RA and what was Allah's cure and help for him... Salah!!!

-----

SubhanAllah guys while writing this story my ten year old brother taught me a lesson about prayers too.

It was maghrib prayer and he wanted to go to the masjid,  but he was a bit late so he rushed running.

You see our house is on a high cliff, and while he was running down he fell and injured his leg

After 15 min, he rings the bell and enters home, we figured something was wrong because he wasn't walking perfectly so when we asked him, he began crying and showed us his leg,  his knee was harshly injured. He was holding on his pain till he reached home...We asked him how and he told us.

The first question I asked him was "you prayed on your injured leg" he nodded and told me how painful it was,  but yet he chose to go to the masjid and Pray

Guys I was literally ashamed of myself!! I mean ma shaa Allah he is ten and look at us from 15 to 20 and we go to pray lazily or pushing ourselves to do it!!!

Ya Allah give us the strength and power to worship you perfectly!!!

Ya Allah show us the right way!!!