Photos and Social Media

Photos and Social Media:

I have already discussed this topic, but I didn’t go deep further into it. Also, some of you skipped it along with the Hijab chapters... so anyway, I decided to write it again and explain it more….

You hung out with your friends, you went to an engagement, you bought new clothes, you’re crazy sister and you wore some crazy make up and outfits, you graduated, you went to your friend’s birthday, at school your class did crazy things , and you simply had fun… you want to take a photo to keep the memory right?!

One day, you will forget that it happened and you want to take a photo to keep the moment in memory. You want to show your children your wedding, engagement, graduation, etc…

That’s cool dude! Honestly! That is really cool and there is even an idea to store them on a CD to keep them safe and untouched…

BUT WHY SHARE THEM WITH THE WHOLE WORLD?!!!?!?!?!?!?!

Whenever you enter someone’s facebook page, instagram, twitter or whatever, you find it full of his/ her pictures. Every single day, they’d be posting millions of pictures, and that is exactly why?

Guys let’s just take a pause and think of it… whether you wear Hijab, or not:

You posted a photo on instagram, and you don’t have a boy who follows you and your account is private, right? And even if not you posted it anyway… one of your –boy- friends was scrolling and saw it and began admiring it unconsciously… he takes sayye’at, bad deeds, and the blames goes on whom… on you!

You posted it! You allowed him to see it! You are the one that caused the feelings or his gaze to follow your features… you!

And even if you don’t have boys, and it is private. What if one of your friend’s brother, cousin, or whatever was using or her account or was beside her when she was scrolling? Isn’t it the same?

And yet better is when he/she screen shots the photo?! Can imagine what kind of stuffs can be done!! sometimes, even our closest friends can take a screen shot, and then when you two fight, bam! revenge!!

And this leads to something else…

What if you later decided to wear Hijab, and bam you find your photos with no Hijab all over the social media, and maybe saved on someone else’s device... would you be able to take them all? Or would enjoy the fact that some people have your photos saved and can maybe be used for BLACKMAILING?!!!

Or other encounters can happen of girls sending photos without a Hijab on to her friend, and suddenly her brother is beside her and he sees it?! How would she feel? She has just exposed her friend!

Guys I am not telling you this as an elite. I used to have my photos –with Hijab- on instagram and after reading an article about it, I directly deleted them! And there are still the photos on facebook because I am tagged in most of them, and am asking my friends to take them down. After all I don’t want anyone staring at my picture for whatsoever reason! and me taking his bad deeds!

Also, imagine in my case if one of my friends refused taking them?! what if that happen? what would i do!

simply, I won’t be able to do anything!! because i in the first place agreed on them uploading it!

And guys remember, we are not in this world to please others. We are here to please our creator!

So try to remove them gradually if you can’t remove them all, and believe me take the decision immediately because if u wait Shaytan would creep into you and convince you to back down!

Say bismillah and do it!

__________________