The Guard

I woke up in an unfamiliar and lavish room. I quickly got out of the bed and realized I was in new clothes, and I smelled clean. Someone bathed me?

The door opened and Armis entered.

"Oh, you're awake, well good morning, sleepy head."

"Why am I here?" I question.

"About that, I talked to the king and you are my new personal guard. That is, if you want?"

I nod vigorously," Of course, thank you."

She giggles," It was really no problem, the king is trying to please me so I'll stay here and marry his eldest son, but I only have eyes for the younger one," she whispers mischievously.

I laugh," So where is the youngest son?"

"He's away, he's done many apprenticeships all over Ravka, and other places too."

"Impressive, a man of the people, I see why you favor him."

She nods with a smile and begins to tell me my duties for the day, basically I just have to follow her around and ensure her safety, and I am to attend self defense classes.

Once I'm fully informed, we leave the grand room and make our way to the cafeteria of sorts, it far nicer than any I've ever seen.

Since I woke up so late, they were serving lunch, which was quite good, but I noticed that Armin received a different meal than the rest of us.

I poked her shoulder and whispered," Why is your food different?"

"The Darkling, leader of the Second Army, prefers to keep his Grisha humble by feeding them peasant food, not that there is anything wrong with peasant food, that's just his preference."

"Oh, okay," I reply as I continue to eat my food.

When I finish eating, Armin helps me find the training grounds.

As we enter, I immediately recognize my sister among the crowd of students. I hope she doesn't recognize me, the last time she saw me I was only 9 years old.

The trainer, who's name I soon learn is Botkin, Tells us that were are gonna pair up and spar. I watch as Alina gets paired with a powerful squaller, Botkin informs us that it is against the rules to use our powers, and pairs me with a small tidemaker. Alina doesn't seem to recognize me or my name, which I changed when I ran away, I used to be Alya Starkov, but when I left it didn't seem to fit me anymore so I changed it to Astra Tarsov.

Botkin tells us to begin and I take out my opponent with one simple roundhouse kick to his neck, I then turn to watch Alina and the strikingly beautiful squaller. Just when it seems like the squaller has beat Alina, she lands a punch, enraging the squaller and causing her to throw Alina into a wall.

I look towards the squaller, she looks quite proud of herself. So my sister isn't loved by everyone? interesting.

Now I have to talk to her.

**********************

Zoya, my queen

I might have to post like one chapter a day cause 2 is kinda hard.

:)