The Dark One

After the display, Alina was escorted out of the palace by Aleksander, who used his ability to make both of them invisible.

How annoying.

I stay with Armis for the rest of the night, until she finally gets annoyed with all of the creepy men, and we head back to the Little Palace.

On the way I see Alina, looking terrified and rushing out of the palace.

I smile, she finally understands.

Once we arrive at the bedroom Armis turns to me," I need to bathe away the stench of desperate men, why don't you go check on Mr.Tall-dark-and-handsome?"

I giggle," Armis, I don't see any reason to rush my plan, but you are right, I have to get to him before word gets out that she's escaped."

"Well, get to it then."

I leave the room and head for the Darkling's chambers.

I quickly arrive at the large doors and knock twice, the door opens to reveal a smiling Aleksander, but when he sees me his smile drops.

"Wow, I see how it is. Were you expecting someone else?"

"Anyone would have been better than you."

I give him a superficial smile," Well... can I come in?"

"Of course," he says through gritted teeth.

I push past him and sit down at the head of the table, interlocking my fingers on the tabletop.

"I have some information I thought would benefit you."

He nods," And that is?"

"It would seem that your sun summoner has found out your secret, and it appears that she has run away."

His eyes widen slightly. 

He slowly stands up and walks to a door, he opens it and calmly orders," Ivan go check on the sun summoner."

He then turns around and sits back down, across from me. We make intense eye contact until Ivan comes back, looking a bit winded. 

"I can't find her, sir."

Aleksander clenches his jaw," Ivan, excuse us now."

He looks confused, but turns and leaves the room, shutting the door behind him.

In less than a second Aleksander is in front of me, with his hand around my throat. 

"How did you know she escaped, did you help her?"

I laugh," Wouldn't you like to know, emo boy."

He squeezes my throat tighter, but I don't mind.

"I will kill you," he states calmly.

"Oxygen is overrated anyway."

After a few seconds of his hatred filled eyes staring into mine, I lower my voice and whisper," Are we about to kiss right now?"

He immediately releases his hold.

"Ok so let's get back to the reason I came here, I know where she's going."

"Now, why didn't you start with that?"

I shrug my shoulders.

"So here's the deal, I'll help you find her, but when you're done with her, I get to kill her." 

"What? Why would you want to kill her?"

"You do not get to question me. Do you accept or not?"

" Fine, but when the time comes, I'm not sure how easy it'll be to kill her."

"Trust me, I know," Aleksander is staring now," We leave tomorrow, so be ready."

**************************

a bit confusing but I think it's fine

:)