Quiet

I quickly climbed out of the carriage, Aleksander on my heels.

We reach an open field and I see Alina, Mal and a giant magical-looking stag, with horns that twisting up and into the sky.

"Oh saints, please tell me that isn't what I think it is."

Aleksander smirks," It sure is."

He motions one of the guards forward and they ready a crossbow.

"Don't make it a kill shot, I have to do that myself," Aleksander instructs the guard.

I watch Alina stare into the eyes of the stag and...hesitate? Weak.

 I'm torn out of thought when I hear the crossbow fire.

Alina's head immediately snaps in our direction, she looked like a deer in headlights.

I notice Mal has a bow and arrow and I sneak behind him, holding a shadow knife to his throat I make him drop it.

I bring him to where Alina and Aleksander stand near the stag.

I watch as Aleksander finishes off the stag, cutting off the large horns, he hands them to David, who looks like he'd rather be anywhere else.

I watch as David makes his way to Alina and begins to fuse the antlers around her neck. 

"Don't move or I'll have your tracker killed." 

Her eyes widen in horror, but she doesn't dare to move.

Mal watches from beside me in shock.

I roll my eyes, they're so dramatic.

When David finishes Alina glares at Aleksander," Please, just let him go. I'll do whatever you want."

This time I can't hold back the laughter and I giggle maniacally. 

Alina looks at me like I'm a crazy person which only makes me laugh harder.

Aleksander gives me a glare, I take in a deep breath and murmur a 'sorry.'

I feel a tap on my shoulder and I turn to see Mal.

"Do I know you?"

"No."

I turn around and begin the walk back to the carriages, but I still feel Mal's eyes on me.

I go directly to Armis's carriage, dismissing the guards to go help Aleksander drag Mal and Alina into a carriage.

I open the door and Armis immediately throws her arms around my neck. 

"Oh, gods, I thought something bad happened."

"I'm fine, you can let go of me now."

I stay with Armis until everyone else is loaded, then I make my way back to my carriage.

When I open the door I'm met with, Aleksander, Alina, and Mal.

I climb in and take the empty seat beside Mal," So I'm guessing David decided to stay with Armis then."

"Yes, and also there wasn't enough room for both him and the tracker."

I look at Alina, she's looking at Mal and with hopeless eyes, pleading for something unknown.

"Care to share with the class?"

Her gaze snaps to me," What is your problem?"

I roll my eyes," Stop avoiding the question, what's going on?"

She glances at Mal, clearly not wanting to tell me.

"Well uhm... he was supposed to kill me if The Darkling showed up."

I giggled," The tracker, the very-much-in-love-with-you tracker?"

She looked down at the floor.

"If the roles were reversed would you have killed him?"

"No."

"You can't expect someone to do something that you wouldn't do."

Aleksander had enough of our pointless conversation.

He glared at us," Do not speak another word until we arrive at Kribirsk."

I mouth 'kinky', at Aleksander, earning an eye-roll.

******************************

I'm going on vacation for a few days so I'm not gonna be able to post chapters until next week, sorry. 

:)