The Sun Summoner

The day of the sun summoners demonstration arrived earlier than I expected.

The morning of the event, I helped Armis get ready. She wore the most beautiful lavender-colored dress.

The queen sent a tailor for Armis to use, but she and the ginger-haired girl just sat and drank tea, when the tailor asked about helping Armis she simply stated," I don't need the Queen's petty attempt to make me feel self-conscious, I think I loo...

The queen sent a tailor for Armis to use, but she and the ginger-haired girl just sat and drank tea, when the tailor asked about helping Armis she simply stated," I don't need the Queen's petty attempt to make me feel self-conscious, I think I look amazing."

The tailor giggled and added," I agree."

I stood near the door, acting my part as Armis' personal guard.

"So," starts the tailor," Is your guard gonna dress up for the event?"

Armis looks towards me," She sure is, I already picked the dress."

She gives me a smile and I can't help but to smile back," Thank you princess, that is very generous of you."

She waves her hand dismissively," No need to thank me."

Soon after, the tailor, Genya, leaves and Armis shows me the dress she picked.

"Wow, Armis I love it, but don't you think it'll draw too much attention?"

"Of course it'll draw attention, we can't let your sister have all the fun," Armis says with an eyeroll, like it's the most obvious thing in the world.

I can't help but laugh, even though my intentions for my sister are in a moral 'gray-area' Armis is completely fine with everything I have done and am currently doing.

It seems that me and her are both in the 'gray-area' when it comes to morals.

As soon as we're both ready, we head to the Grand Palace.

I know that Baghra plans to tell Alina about Aleksander tonight, and I don't plan on stopping her.

I plan to let Alina run away, I will allow her to feel safe, to drop her guard, even for a second, I want her to know peace, and then I want to rip it away.

As we enter, everyone looks our way, they all know that black is the color of the Darkling, so they look on questioningly. I don't acknowledge the stares and instead follow Armis to the front of the ballroom, right near the stage where the sun summoner is supposed to perform in a few minutes.

Soon enough Alina appeared, accompanied by Aleksander.

Aleksander began to pull the fill the room with darkness, but I like to make people's life difficult so I pushed the darkness back out.

He gritted his teeth and tried pulling the darkness back in, it went on like this for a while, him pulling and me pushing, until I finally dropped my hold on the shadows and allowed him to pull the darkness in.

Armis nudges me," What was that about?"

I shrugged," I would like to make this experience as terrible as possible for him."

She seems satisfied with my answer and we both turn back towards the stage.

Alina looks nervous, but Aleksander grabs her arm and suddenly she's glowing.

I use my shadows to dull the shine, and to protect my eyes, but still, she shines brilliantly.

I can't help but feel a little... jealous?

No I am not jealous, not of her, never of her. She depends on the validation of men, and that makes her weak, and very easily influenced.

***********************

Sorry it took so long, I had to find ✨𝑚𝑜𝑡𝑖𝑣𝑎𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛✨

:)