Aleksander

I thought about backing away, but I was stuck in his gaze.

"What is your name?"

"Is that an order?" I asked, I really didn't want this man to know my name, but as a Grisha living in the little palace he was considered my general.

"It is."

"Astra Tarsov, sir."

"What are you doing here, Miss Tarsov?"

"Well I uhm- I wanted to ask you something," I glance at Mal, who is staring at me like he might recognize me," privately," I add for good measure.

"Mr.Oretsev please exit, I will send for you later."

Mal gives me a side glance as he walk past me. Gods, why did I say that?

The door shuts with a *thud* causing me to jump slightly.

I turn my attention back towards the dark-haired man.

"So what did you want to know?" He asks with a smug look on his face. Did he expect me?

"The Zemini Princess, Armis, wishes to have a front row seat to the sun summoners... demonstration," Of course Armis didn't really care for the spectacle, but it provided the perfect cover for me to get a closer look at my sisters power.

"Of course."

He stands up and begins to walk towards me, I pull my shadows into blades and let some of them swirl around my ankles like a heavy fog.

he stops walking midstride and grins at me," So you are a shadow summoner?"

"I'm gonna guess that you're one too then? Well that doesn't matter, one step closer and you'll be a dead man."

He huffs and takes a few steps backwards. He puts up his hands in mock surrender and I release my shadow blades, but I keep the shadows swirling at my ankles.

"I didn't mean to upset you Ms.Tarsov," he adds dropping his hands.

"Don't act impressed Mr. Darkling, I know you're like a thousand years old, you could kill me in the blink of an eye." (flashback to Void Stiles.)

He grins again," A smart one."

" Which is exactly why I'm gonna leave now. Goodbye, Aleksander."

His eyes go wide, He's about to say something, but I'm already out the door. I rush down the halls, though I know that if he wanted to find me , he could.

As an effort to keep an eye on my sister, I started training with Baghra, She agreed to keep my shadow summoning a secret as long as, I helped her release my sister from Aleksander's grip. I only know his first name because she accidently let it slip once.

Of course I'm not actually gonna help my sister escape, I just needed more information on the so-called 'Dark One.'

Unlike most people, I actually like Baghra, but she fears darkness and I thrive in it.

**************

Is she a badass or a brat? I honestly can't decide

:)