Would I?

The next morning Aleksander had two carriages ready. 

I helped Armis load into one with a few guards, though I know she didn't need them, if things went bad she could use her heartrender abilities.

I then went to the second carriage and joined Aleksander and David, a materialki Aleksander needed to make Alina's amplifier.

I'd listened to Baghra talk about Aleksander using the amplifier to control her, but it wasn't my problem so I paid no mind to what he did with her. I was gonna kill her either way.

Every so often I had to advise the driver which way we should be traveling, and every time Aleksander would give me a questioning look.

I didn't feel like telling him that I had filled one of Alina's favorite necklaces with my shadows, which allowed for me to sense where she was.

I can feel that we're getting close, but night is falling so we stop and stay at a hostel meant for travelers. 

There were only 3 rooms vacant, one for the guards, one for Armis, she insisted that she stay by herself. Which meant I had to share a room with Aleksander and David. 

I took off my kefta and climbed under the comforter before either of them could object.

Eventually I feel the bed dip on both sides of me as both men lay down.

15 minutes later and I'm starting to get annoyed," David can you please stop breathing so loudly?"

"That's just how he breathes," Aleksander answers for David.

"I don't think anyone can 'just breathe' like that."

"Well he does."

I turn to face Aleksander, and he's also facing me, our noses inches apart.

"It's kinda cute how you do that."

"How I do what?"

"Treat them like they're your children." 

He huffs.

"What?"

"You said 'kinda cute', so I'm no more than 'kind of cute."

"Oh, Aleksander you are absolutely adorable to me," I say sarcastically.

He smiles," Well thank you, but I would say I'm completely captivating." 

I look into his eyes for a few seconds, then I lean in and.... bite his nose.

He looks a little flustered and swats me away.

"You sure are, princess," I tease and then turn around to face David.

Instantly an arm wraps around my waist and I'm pulled flush against Aleksander's chest.

I can feel his warm breath on my neck and it gives me goosebumps.

I think about moving away, but my body won't obey me.

"You know David is asleep right there, don't try anything or I'll kill you."

"So, if David wasn't there, you'd let me have my way with you?" he whispers mischievously.

I'm at a loss for words, would I?

When I didn't answer, he moved a little bit closer and rested his head on the crook of my neck. His dark hair tickled my jawline.

"You'd better pray to the saints that we aren't related, because that would be awkward."

He chuckles," Trust me, we aren't related, I already had your DNA tested."

"How did you- you know what, I don't think I even want to know."

He chuckles again and it tickles my neck causing me to squirm.

"Please stop moving."

*********************************

I had to incorporate the 'one room' troupe because I love it.

anyway hopefully Nikolai will make an appearance soon, I might have to move some stuff around.

:)